30

"Natalia"

There he was. Sitting at the conference table in Fury's office, eyes tender and lips pressed to a thin line. His hair was a mess and she could tell he hadn't slept in a day or two by the baggy eyes staring at her.

Natasha stepped in, eyes fixed on Bucky while pushing the door closed. Then she turned to Fury, her eyes asking hundred questions at once while lips locked, failing to utter a single word.

"He remembers the red room." Fury answered her silent questions.

Natasha swallowed and walked to the tabled to take a seat opposite Bucky. "And why am I hear?" Her question came out in a hushed tone.

"I need to know what else I've done." He spoke tenderly "I was a trainer there and I was yours for a while, I can remember that much. But I don't know if I've hurt you or not..." He trailed off to look down "Or how I've hurt you" he mumbled. Natasha let out a groan and pressed her head to her hands, folding her arms to rest them on the table "Why now?" She murmured to herself.

"What was that Romanoff?" Fury asked.

Natasha looked up at him "When did this happen? When did he remember?" She refused to look at Bucky.

"Two nights ago"

Natasha pressed her lips to a thin line "That's why you called me yesterday?" Fury nodded.

"Did I hurt you? Like I hurt the others?" Bucky asked impatiently. Natasha exhaled loudly, then closed her eyes "James; don't do this"

"You used to call me James then, I remember this" he spoke again but Natasha only shook her head.

"Don't!"

She stared at him, deep in the eyes "You don't want to remember all of that." He shook his head "I need to know what I've done"

"And I need to know what you've been keeping from me, agent" Fury's tone was firm and his gaze was strong, dropping a weight on her shoulders. "I'll let you talk for now, but then you have some explaining to do" Natasha nodded as he stood up and walked out his office, leaving the two behind.

"Natalia" He called gently.

"Don't! I'm not her. I don't want to be her" she snapped at him. He stood up and circled the table to seat on the chair next to her "I'm sorry. I'm sure this isn't something you want to think about dai-"

"No it's not!" She cut him off "Why now?? Why do you have to remember now?"

Bucky only looked down.

"Are you going to tell Steve?" She asked. He looked up at her "I have to". "No you don't" she protested. "I have to. He likes you and I can't let thi-"

"Don't you think I already know that?" He gave her a questioning look. "He told me he already told you" his gaze didn't change at her comment "We're... well, we're we" she didn't know how to say what she wanted to tell him about their relationship.

"He told me he likes you and it's different from Peggy, but no more than that" Bucky said confused; then he chuckled "Although, I guess that's the best I can get out of that punk about having a girlfriend"

Natasha smirked but it soon disappeared "You can't tell him about this" Bucky looked up to meet her eyes "Natasha, I don't know what this is. Please tell me, did I... did I make you do things..." once again, he trailed off, feeling uncomfortable talking about the things he might have done to his best friend's girl. "No" she answered and could see his eyes brighten "You made me do things" her voice could tell him she remembered every hurtful moment, vividly "But you had a limit with me. You said I was the youngest of your trainees so you tried to keep me safe; as much as you could" she offered him a smile that failed to reach her eyes but to him, it was all he could've asked for. "But you can't tell Steve" She nearly begged.