33

Epilogue?
So this book will have 36/37 chapters in total.
I was wondering if you guys wanted an epilogue or not?
And also, I've got two more stories I've been working on, a romanogers and an evanson.
Please let me know which one you'd like me to start uploading after this book:)
Or if you even want me to upload in general😅

••✦ ❤️🕷❤️ ✦••

Steve stood at the doorframe with his lips slightly ajar as he studied the redhead resting on the bed. He watched her eyes lock on the ceiling, trailing far from the room and his breathing heaved as her hand slid up her side to her exposed neck to brush over her lips and he couldn't help but think about his lips on hers. Her hair had made a holy shade around her milky skin, fire like and breathtaking.
She would know it by the dancing sparkle in the blue eyes of the soldier leaning against the door frame with a pizza box in his hands.
"Did the tea sit well?"

He asked, startling her. Natasha gave him a startled smile and nodded "I think so".
He walked to the bed, waiting by the foot as if asking for permission and she granted wordlessly as she sat up. He placed the pizza box next to her and sat on it's other side, lifting up the lid and picking a slice to move it to her lips "Take smile bites. Let's see how this'll be" she smiled and took a bite as the tip brushed her lips.

She moaned at the taste, apparently the throwing up sessions had left her starved and she was all too happy for a proper meal. She took the slice from him, fingers brushing and lips smiling, sending a wave of warmth through her body as she felt the jealousy of having seen him have casual conversations with Bucky melt away.

Before the feelings could get any further, Steve stood up, causing Natasha's head to snap to his direction as he walked to stand by the window with his back to her "I talked to Buck".

Natasha hummed, not sure of what to say. "I don't really know what all of this means" he sighed and Natasha felt her chest tighten at his words. Her lips parted to ask what he meant but she failed to do so and then Steve was turning around to face her "I'm sorry" he murmured weakly.

Natasha's jaw dropped "Sorry?" She asked "You're sorry?" She tilted her head.
Steve nodded. "What for?". He took a deep breath and ran a hand over his face "Everything." He breathed out before rambling on "Not saving Bucky. Not going back for him. Not finding about red room in my time in Russia. Not realizing about you and Bucky. Having forced you to help me find him...."

Natasha was fast to jump to her feet and close the gap between them, cupping his face in her hands "Steve, how could've you known??" Steve wanted to protest but she didn't let him "And you didn't force me to help you. I helped you because I wanted to. You've always been more than just a partner, even a friend. I'd do it all again.
" Her thumb brushed over his cheek "You do know that, right?"
Steve rested his hands on her hips and Natasha could feel him relaxing slightly as he leaned in her touch so she went on "You know, on that escalator, there were other ways to hide. We could've even faked a kiss. But I kissed you because I wanted to."
Steve looked in her eyes, his own filled with shock "Really?" She nodded.
"Then... why Bruce?" He asked hesitantly.

Natasha sighed "Because you're you" she let one hand slip down from his face to his chest "This amazing, caring and adorable Brooklyn boy who's been pushed out of his own time to help the Russian assassin spy find a way to accept her past" her every word was laced with adoration and made Steve's hold on her hips grow stronger.
"Someone I thought I'd never be enough for."

Steve pulled back, eyes glued to hers "What?"
She gave him a sweet smile "It's true. It felt wrong to even think about it" Steve shut his eyes closed "Nat".
It came out nearly chocked and Natasha took a fright at his state.
"Baby" Steve whispered softly and rested his forehead on hers as her heart melted at the sound of a pet name rolling over his tongue so naturally "You are the strongest person I've ever known"
He curled his arms around her, pulling her closer to himself "You're brave, smart, loyal" he let his eyes flutter open to find hers staring at them "You're gorgeous and funny and beautiful and you're just.... you" he chuckled "And you are amazing. There is nothing more I could ever wish for. Nothing."