Epilogue

Hey, since you're here and reading this, I sincerely hope you've enjoyed the story
And I wanted to ask you a favor.
Would mind commenting the date of when you finish reading the story?<3

[Published- 26 May 2021]

••✦❤️🕷❤️✦••

Steve hears light footsteps through the hallway, raising his head to the door, waiting for the footsteps to reach the frame.
His fingers are stroking Natasha's red locks as she sleeps peacefully beside him.

The door cracks open and there's a little blonde boy with a small blanket wrapped around his small figure.

"Hey buddy!" He coos in a soft whisper as he smiled at his three year old.

James steps in "Bad dweem daddy" he sniffles with a cute hoarse voice and Steve can't help but smile as he pulls the covers up and motions his son to join his parents.
James is fast to jog to the bed and wiggle his way up on the mattress.

He lets James crawl up on his chest "We gotta keep it quiet bud. Mommy's tired" he murmurs in James ear and he nods, reaching his little hand to stroke Natasha's cheek.

Natasha hums in her sleep, rolling over to her side as she scoots closer to Steve.
Steve smiles at her while soothing James' back.

Almost three months after James was born, they had moved out the compound, in a house close to Clint's and Tony had been next to follow.

Buying a land near a lake and building his own farm there.
Bucky and Sharon, who were now finally engaged decided to stay in the city while Sam and Maria had been living together in Sam's house.

The two had plans on getting married, but they kept on pushing back the date due to their back to back missions.

The team was still a team.
The only difference was that not all of them would go on field missions and the ones who did wouldn't go as often as they used to in the past.

Natasha and Clint had taken the duty of training the new shield members while Steve and Bucky teamed up on the field.

Natasha had settled a rule with Steve that he would pick only two missions per month and non would be more than three days lasting.

He had protested at first but a serious talk with Clint, not as a team member or Natasha's family but as a father, got him to agree.

Now here he is, laying down next to an exhausted Natasha with his son and he can't wipe out the coy smile he wears.

A few hours ago he had reminded Natasha that she had promised him a daughter!

First response was a swat on the chest and an earful of how naughty he was but then she'd smiled, saying she'd been wondering when they would start trying on the next one.

The mere idea of trying had him excited, so he'd took advantage of James outing with Bucky and Sharon.
And well, that explains the exhausted Natasha!

He looked down at his family, leaning down to press gentle kisses on their temples.

"I love you"

••✦❤️🕷❤️✦••

   Lots of love
~LuckySnow