29

A small tiny fluff alert :)

••✦❤️🕷❤️✦••

"I just wanna sleep, please!" The redhead whined as her super soldier blonde took a second slice of pizza, moving it to her lips. "Come on, just this and I'll let you go" She press her lips to a thin line and turned her face away "You promised me if I wait for the pizza you'd carry me here but you didn't. I won't trust you!"

Steve smiled "What if I make it up to you by carrying you to bed?"

She gave him a side look, then turned around and took the pizza from him, trying hard not to pay attention to the victorious smile on his face. He took a slice himself, biting hungrily as he hadn't had much to eat for lunch while working with Tony. She watched him inhale his slice and reach for the next while she was hardly halfway through with hers, making her smile.

"What?" He asked as he swallowed. "Nothing. I just enjoy watching you eat like this"

"Like what?"

"Like a little boy at his birthday party."

Steve chuckled "Birthday party? Really?" She nodded "Yeah. Happy and joyful."

He scooted closer to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as he settled his slice back in the box. "I didn't use to enjoy eating you know." She tilted her head, eyes asking him what he meant.

"When I woke up from the ice, it all felt weird and every time I'd do something pleasant, I'd feel guilty. I remembered everyone who wasn't here to enjoy them and most of all, I missed doing things with Bucky." Natasha's eyes softened at his words, her free hand reaching up to cup his cheek. "Then we became partners." He beamed at her "and you tried everything you could, just to help me adjust to this time" he brushed his lips to her temple "and I started enjoying my life here." She felt herself relax and nestle on his chest, her head tilted and buried in the crook of his neck as he ran his fingers in her hair, chin resting on her head letting him inhale her scent.

"I never thought I'd get this" She mumbled. He tightened his hold around her, letting his other hand slip down to her neck, curling his fingers around its base. He wanted to show her he was there, he was strong and supportive and protective of her.

To Natasha, he was showing her she was his, it felt possessive and she enjoyed it. She wanted to feel she belonged to someone, that she was wanted, needed. Loved.

"Hmmf" She let out a muffled sound as he curled one arm under her knees and the other around her torso, gently pulling her to his laps and stood up. "I promised you I'd take you to bed." She smiled "But I need to brush my teeth" he nodded, walking to the bedroom and straight to the bathroom "then I'll be waiting for you here." He grinned at her as he helped her stand on her own and walked in the bathroom; but just before closing the door, she turned around "Steve, you should finish your dinner" He shook his head "I'm fine."

"Steve, you didn't get to eat much and you have to take antibiotics after each meal. Go finish the pizza." He shook his head to protest. "I won't fall sleep before you join me in bed, ok?" He wasn't sure yet but the urge to finish his meal was stronger than he'd thought, causing him to nod and walk back to the living room.

Steve wasn't sure about letting Natasha go to sleep that early. She wasn't one to always have the best night rests, and he was afraid she would soon wake up with a nightmare, causing her to stay awake the rest of the night. He took the slice he'd half eaten before and finished it, his hearing focused on any sound coming from the bedroom. Just as he took the next slice, he heard the bathroom door open and that made him chew faster, wanting to get in the bedroom before Natasha would fall sleep but to his surprise, she walked out and headed to the door.