2: Years

As the years passed Katsuki and Izuku didn't get along. Katsuki bullied Izuku, not physically that was rare because it would "ruin his reputation to become a hero" but he did bully Izuku mentally. He would be called names like 'useless nerd' 'wanna be hero' 'quirkless shitnerd' and things like that. Whenever these kids would say these things, Izuku would try his best to act like he WAS hurt but on the inside, he could care less of what they called him. Sure sometimes they went pretty far but other than that, he didn't care. Why? Because his goal was already set. He WAS going to be a hero and no one would stop him no matter what they told him.

Right now, Izuku was going down to the pond to retrieve his notebook on heroes, the one his childhood friend threw out the window after burning it, he kept thinking what katsuki said to him while making his way to the house... it kinda hurt him on the inside...

"Ow kacchan that hurts..." Izuku was looking at his shoulder where there was a burninghand placed there. Katsuki was heating his hands just enough for it to hurt Izuku but not to leave a permanent mark.

"Then take my advice and take a swan dive off the roof of a building and just HOPE to have a quirk in your next life" and with that Katsuki walked away without another word.

"That would intend that you provoked a suicide. Not very hero like now is it now, kacchan" Izuku whispered to himself with a frown as he kept his head low while walking back home, burnet notebook in hand. Katsuki never said anything like that before to the greenette so it was a bit of a surprise when those foul words slipped through his mouth. 

"Well at least now that I'm finally done with middle school soon, me and mom can finally move away and Kacchan won't have to deal with me as I don't have to deal with him" he mumbled to himself stopping "well... he won't have to deal with me... i'll just miss him" he said once again.

He got home, unlocked his door and saw his almost empty house. They have already started to move all of their things to America so they would have some things in the new house once they arrive. They only kept some of the essentials here in Japan like a couple of plates, some clothes, pillows etc... things they use everyday. Inko came from around the corner and gave his son the biggest of hugs with Izuku returning one back.

"Did you tell Katsuki the news dear?" she asked hopefully.

He was supposed to tell Katsuki that he was moving but he saw no point since he wouldn't care. HA! He would be relieved! However Inko didn't know that he bullied Izuku, just that they were not as close as before.

"No but I think it's for the best I don't tell him, he'll find out soon enough" Izuku said as he let go of his mother.

"Oh ok.... Well dinner is almost ready!" Inko exclaimed as she left to go to the kitchen.

They both sat down and began their conversation about moving.

"Did you finish those tapes I asked about?" Inko asked her son while taking a spoonful of food.

"Actually yea! Is it ok that I recorded them on my phone?" Izuku asked looking up with his eyes but kept his head low as he took another bite.

"Sure honey just make sure you didn't forget me in those, I'm the most important one, since I do have to take care of you, that you need to remind your future self about. I mean I am your mother" Inko said while taking a bite of food. Izuku chuckled at her rambling.

"Yes mom you're in the recordings" Izuku said with a smile.

After finishing dinner, Inko got an Idea.

"Hey izuku, how about we have a code! Just in case It happens earlier than intended. That is if it's ok with you" she said waving her hand in defense at the end of the statement.

"Yea that's a great idea mom! What should we use? Hmmm.... Maybe something specific like something that we both find special, or something completely random-" Izuku kept going until his mother interrupted him

"Honey you're doing it again" she says shaking her head and chuckling.

Izuku looked up at his mother and smiled evilly.

"your genes, your fault"

Inko rolled her eyes with a smile and gave her son a smile while finishing up her food. Izuku quickly followed behind. They both got up and started discussing for a code word. 

"OH! How about If you say anything other than 'good morning mom' then I will know..." she trailed off her smile fading as well. Izuku noticed her voice whispering and walked up to her standing by her side while placing a hand on her back. He reached for the scrubby putting it in the sink. The boy turned her around hugging her tightly whispering into his mother's ear.

"Shhh... It's ok mom, I'll still be here... just not entirely.... But you'll be there for me when it happens"

Inko looked at her son with tears in her eyes "I know... I just- I just wish I could do something to stop it from happening" she said once again hugging her son as tight as possible so he wouldn't slip away from her grasp. 

Once everything was washed, Izuku walked up to his room sitting on his mattress and grabbing his phone looking over at the recordings:

LISTEN TO ME FIRST: situation (play recording) 14 minutes

Izuku Midoriya: ALL about myself (play recording) 5:47 hours

Izuku Midoriya: extra knowledge (play recording) 1:01 hours

Inko Midoriya:mom (play recording) 2:02 hours

My dream: saving people (play recording) 38 minutes

Other family members: here and not (play recording) 2:59 hours

Overall childhood: forgotten (play recording) 3:16 hours

Izuku chuckles seeing as his recordings are very long. As he kept going through the list, he finally reached the last one.

Kacchan: Childhood friend (play recording) 1:59 hours

When he made this recording, it pained him so much he even cried at some parts remembering all the amazing memories they made together.

He sighed, putting his phone on the charger and got his guitar from his closet. He walked up to his bed and sat down with a bounce. While adjusting his strings, his mom came in to say goodnight but when she saw her son, she smiled turning the lamp on and sat on the floor mattress joining her son. He softly started to graze his fingers over the strings while he and his mom started singing after a few countdowns...

He and his mother always sang songs, sometimes Katsuki would have joined too, but he hasn't visited in so long. He just recently just got this guitar from his mother. Inko would be the one who played the guitar while Izuku and Katsuki would sing. However after Katsuki stopped visiting and Izuku was always doing homework, she hasn't touched the guitar in over 4 years. She decided to give it to izuku a couple years ago and she has been teaching him all that she knows with the guitar. The songs weren't original, they were from other artists but they didn't have the creativity or the time to make up their own song.

Sometimes when Izuku and Katsuki went on family field trips, they would both sing to all of the songs that played on the radio. they weren't great singers considering at how young they were but they didn't care. These memories brought a smile on Izukus face as he continued to sing the lyrics. He closed his eyes and enjoyed his song as it came to an end.

He put his guitar down and gave his mother a big hug inhaling her sweet scent as they laid there for a few minutes.

"I'm going to miss you my sweet little izuku" she whispered.

When she didn't get a response she assumed he had fallen asleep. Quickly but quietly she made her way out the door into her own room.