25: Uncovering the past

Katsuki looked up now interested in what she was going to say. Inko closed her eyes, inhaled and opened her eyes looking straight towards the other male.

"Lest start at the beginning"

"Mitsuki I-I don't know what to do! The doctors said that Izuku has a t-tumor in his brain that will later on affect his memory and they said they couldn't do anything about it right now since it's too small- I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN!" Inko sobbed

This was the day of the doctor's appointment and Izuku was in his room watching a movie. He hasn't seen his best friend so there was nothing that could cheer him up. Inko was in her room sitting at the edge of her bed holding her head while she was on a phone call telling her friend the awful knews.

"What will happen to him?" Mitsuki said at the other end of the line in a soothing voice.

"T-they said that there's a possibility of him not remembering anyone after he hits a certain age. He won't r-remember anyone..." She broke down when finishing her sentence. Her dear son won't remember his friends, his family, his mother, his best friend... no one.

Mitsuki was trying to find a way to comfort the crying woman so she came up with an idea.

"Hey how about we all go to the park? We can talk while the kids play huh? I'll let katsuki know that Izuku is feeling down, how's that?" she asked.

Inko sniffled a bit and agreed.

"Ok well Katsuki is almost home from school. I'll let you know the time ok? I love you Inko." she said. Inko replied with an 'ok' and hung up the phone. She crawled in bed and quickly fell asleep.

MItsuki on the other hand was waiting and patiently for the door to open. Her husband was late at picking up their son and she didn't like it. Soon enough though the door opened revealing a moping little boy dragging his feet on the floor following behind his dad who greeted the mother.

"Hey hon- Katsuki why are you moping?" she asked eyeing the small boy who almost never act so down. Katsuki looked up with slightly saddened eyes but had a pout resting on his lips.

"Izuku didn't come to school today. He left me all alone with the other annoying kids" He said while tossing his small backpack on the counter and getting white paper out to draw on.

Mitski smiled but then remembered why Izuku was missing a day of school.

"Honey Izuku didn't come to school because he went to the doctors- before you interrupt me, he's fine, they were checking if he has developed a quirk." Katsuki smiled widely and was now staring at his mother for more information. Mitsuki sighed and caressed her son's spiky hair.

"The doctors said he won't have a quirk. Izuku is really sad about it so I want you to be nice to him when- where are you going?" She asked while following the boy who was running upstairs to his room. Katsuki slammed the door making the mother and father flinch a bit. Katsuki was in his room staring at his walls full of drawings, pictures, and posters. He yelled as loudly as possible and tore apart everything that Izuku gave him. His bracelets, toys, any clothes that were left there, drawings... everything. That was until he came upon a picture of both of them playing as heroes. He stared at it for a while but then grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the photo in half, cutting away izuku's side and letting it fall to the floor. Drops of water wet the other part of the picture. He wiped away his tears and nose and crawled in his bed. He was upset about all the promises they made each other of becoming heroes and now all that is out the window making both of their dreams shatter apart.