15: Heroes and citizens

"Bye mom I'll visit next week ok?" a certain duel haired boy said.

"Ok Sho, see you then!"

Todoroki closed the door behind him and made his way towards the elevator. Once inside, he clicked the floor button so he could go out and get dinner. He really wanted to get some nice cold soba down at his favorite restaurant. It was a short walk to get there but he liked enjoying the quiet of the darkness with only the city lights illuminating the streets.

A ding interrupted his daydream. The door opened to reveal the same boy he met at the lounge earlier in the morning typing on his phone. He was wearing grey sweatpants with a black hoodie with 'hero' written in cursive white ink. Over the hoodie he had a jacket with the collar reaching its neck. On his feet he was just wearing black fuzzy socks along with some plain slides with only the brand logo decorating it. In his green hair he had a pair round glasses that were slightly damp since his hair was a bit wet. 

"Well hello there. Nice seeing you here again" Todoroki said.

Izuku was startled by the voice and looked up from his phone and blushed.

"H-hi I wasn't p-planning on seeing anyone i-important today. SO-sorry for my c-choice of outfit" Izuku said while nervously laughing and stuttering. He quickly shut his mouth and made his way inside the elevator.

"It's no problem. Where to?" Todoroki answered while hovering his finger over the pad full of buttons.

"Ground floor" he whispered.

"Me too. Where are you going if you're not planning on seeing anyone?" Todoroki questions, pressing the button again while looking at the shorter males outfit again.

"I was just m-making my way to the store to get some stuff for my apartment" Izuku replied while putting his phone in his pocket.

"Would you like me to accompany you? It's quite dark and I wasn't planning on going anywhere" Todoroki questions. He really wanted to get some soba but this man's safety was more important than food. Just at the thought of waiting food, made his stomach growl. This made Izuku laugh a bit.

"It's ok. Besides your stomach says otherwise" Izuku laughed while pointing at the taller males stomach. Todoroki smiled as well.

The bell dinged and the door opened and they both made their way to the door. Todoroki stepped forward and opened the door leading outside for Izuku to step through.

"I insist," he said while waving his other hand to let the greenette pass through.

Izuku smiled widely and accepted. Both were now walking down the dark sidewalk only illuminated by the outside lanterns. Todoroki wanted to ask the smaller boy a question that has been bugging him since this morning during their first encounter.

"I find it really easy to talk to you and i'm not a talkative person. But somehow you make me feel more comfortable to speak my mind." Izuku smiled at how he made people comfortable around him. However that smile fell immediately after Todoroki's next question

"Is that your quirk? Make people feel comfortable so they can spill their secrets to you?"

Izuku looked down at the sidewalk beneath him and took a deep breath before answering.

"Actually no... I don't have a quirk. Im... quirkless." he exalted his last words.

He felt more pain in saying these words because he was standing next to the second best pro hero in Japan. When he was in the United states, being quirkless was pretty common so bringing up his quiklessness in such a place like Japan... hurt the young male. What made it worse was that the man next to him had two quirks while he had none.