22: Unexpected Visitors

"I'm sorry Ms. Midoriya but your son appears to be quirkless." A doctor said to a young woman who was standing beside a child no older than five.

The woman was about to say something but the doctor raised a hand and tilted his head away from the two in front of him.

"That's not all" he said while facing the two once again.

"When we did the x-ray, our doctor said that he also wanted to do a CAT scan..."

Ms. Midoriya nodded her head for the other to continue and placed a hand on her son's shoulder as a form of comfort. The doctor continued.

"We saw a tumor located on the temporal lobe near the hippocampus. This is the area of the brain that stores memory of events that occur is someone's life."

Inkos sucked in a breath upon hearing his first words and tried her best not to cry.

"W-will something-bad happen to him?" she asked with tears streaming down her face.

The doctor shook his head "No. Right now it's small and harmless but with time it will grow. Once he reaches the age of 12 or 13, the tumor will affect him greatly. I don't know what will happen but it's inevitable and it's too small for us to do anything about it right now. However, according to one of our doctors, the tumor will not grow any larger then the size of an avocado seed. Another thing that will happen is that he may have short visions of his lost memory but most likely won't remember them. I am very very sorry mam. Do you have any questions?" he asked sincerely to the woman who was now hugging her son.

Ms. Midoriya nodded her head "how does he know that's what will happen? The doctor that is" she asked still holding onto her son.

"His quirk has something to do with knowing every part of the human body. This includes future growth, past injuries, head traumas and with such knowledge, and much more, he knows what to do to prevent anything bad to happen. You can trust him on his word, even if it's bad news, know that he is correct. He has prevented many deaths and cured many people."

During all of this, the little boy sat on the chair looking down his lap thinking that his dreams were now gone. However he was still listening to the conversation the two were having and couldn't understand most words but he got the gist of it... he was going to forget the people he loved.

"Thank you, cmon Izuku let's go home and make dinner. Do you want to help mommy with making some cookies?" she asked the boy who was now standing and following his mom out the door of the doctors office. He nodded his head slowly with his green curls bouncing.

Once they were in the car driving, the little boy simply looked out the window in wonder. He knew that now he couldn't become a hero. It was his dream ever since he learned about All Might and quirks. He was always excited to see people on the news saving the day with their quirk. Now his dreams were just fantasies. Even if now all of his dreams were crushed, he wasn't worried about that at all...

"Mommy?" the little greenette boy questioned still looking out the window.

"Yes baby?" the mother said as she looked at the rearview mirror.

"Will I remember kacchan?"

Izuku stirred in his sleep while scrunching both his eyes and brows. His fingers twitched slightly while his head looked from side to side trying to get rid of the tiredness and pounding head. Slowly his eyes opened and wondered the room he was in. There was a small sink with the rest of the counter filled with bags of bandages and bottles of unknown substance. The room was a bit dark so he looked around the dark room to find a window. Upon looking through the curtains, you could see the moon and small dots filling the sky. There was a small crack between the curtains making some moonlight seep into the room.