Robb Stark X Reader - Slip

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Slip' by Stooshe. I hope you all enjoy it.

You groaned as you burrowed under the furs on your bed, huddling up into a ball in an attempt to create enough warmth to be truly comfortable. For a moment, you longed for Robb. When you had first been married it had brought your endless happiness to cuddle up to him in your shared bed. But as the months had gone on, his time in your presence had slipped, and now it was rare that you were even awake when he finally made his way into your bed. 

With a frustrated sigh, your sat up against the headboard, staring into the dark of your bedchambers. In all honesty, it was a little intimidating, just how dark it could get here at night. You'd grown up in the Capital, and even in the dead of night the lights radiating up from the rest of the city had lit your bedroom slightly, giving it a soft glow. But here it was black as black can be, and you wouldn't have been able to find your way to the door without the help of a candle. 

You were just about to reach over to the bedside table to light a candle, contemplating reading until you were feeling a little more tired, when the door of your chambers creaked open, flooding the room with light. You watched silently as Robb slipped through the gap and pressed the door closed as quietly as he could manage, determined not to wake you. 

"Evening," you muttered, and the surprised noise he let out almost brought a smile to your lips. Almost. 

"What are you doing up?" he started, his body relaxing as he moved over to your side of the bed, placing the candle beside you as he settled on the mattress, perched rather precariously. 

You shrugged slightly, forcing yourself not to pull away when he placed a hand on your knee. It took every part of you not to be mad at him. You understood that his work in Winterfell was important, and now that his father had become the Hand of the King he had taken on a lot more responsibility. But you missed him more than you cared to admit, and when your only time together was usually spent in attempts to create an heir, you couldn't help but feel a little used by your husband. 

"Couldn't sleep," you uttered, pulling your legs up to your chest as you tipped your head back against the headboard, allowing his hand to slide back to the mattress. "Couldn't stop thinking," you added softly, watching as his brow furrowed slightly. 

"What were you thinking about?" he started, reaching out for your hand slowly, and linking your fingers with his. It was a sweet gesture really, one that would have set your heart to tripping over itself when you had first met. 

You shrugged again, allowing your eyes to slip closed as you considered your answer. "You," you mumbled, finally allowing your eyes to open again, and meeting his. "About how much I miss spending time with you," you added, watching a smile beginning to spread on his lips. 

"I spent time with you this morning-"

"No," you interrupted, pulling your fingers out of his grip. "You fucked me this morning. And then you stuck around for all of five minutes before you left me in bed to go to a meeting." 

Robb winced at your comment, looking a little lost as you wrapped your arms around your knees, keeping them tight to your chest. "I-" he started, shaking his head as he tried to get his thoughts in order. "I was going to be late."

A sharp snort burst out of you as you rolled your eyes. "That isn't the point," you bit back at him. "The only time you want to be anywhere near me is when you're sharing my bed. And then you go about your life as if I'm not part of it-"

"That isn't true." 

"Isn't it?" You paused for a moment, waiting for him to answer. "Tell me, when was the last time we had a proper conversation?" You paused again, and you could practically see the cogs turning in his mind as he searched for the answer to your question. "When was the last time you sought with any intent other than to sleep with me?" His face scrunched up in concentration as you continued. "What do I do with my time whilst you're off in your meetings?" Another drawn out pause. "Face it, Robb. You don't have anything to do with me outside of this room. Seven Hells, you don't even dine with me anymore."

"I've been busy," he started softly, and when you finally met his gaze you could see the shame sitting in his eyes. Gods, he looked like a guilty child. "I didn't realise," he added, his tongue darting out to wet his lips. "I'm sorry." 

You waited for a moment, allowing the tense feeling in your chest to settle, before giving a short nod. "Alright," you uttered, swallowing around the lump in your throat. 

For a second, you thought that perhaps he would stay sitting beside you forever, frozen to the spot. And then out of nowhere, he was on his feet and pacing around to his side of the bed in complete silence. You stayed quiet as he climbed into bed beside you, settling down beneath the  furs and turning to look up at you. "Tell me," he uttered, reaching out and drawing your hand towards his mouth, pressing a gentle kiss to your knuckles. Your brow furrowed at his words, confusion painting your features. "What do you do whilst I'm in meetings?"

A small bubble of laughter fell out of your lips before you could catch it, your mouth hanging open. "I do lots of things," you finally started, sliding back down into the bed to lay opposite him, your faces inches apart. "I read, and I sew, and when the weather isn't too bad I go walking in the gardens."

The smile pulling at his lips made your heart skip a beat, so sweet and loving that it caught you off guard for a moment. "That sounds nice," he told you, shifting to nudge your nose with his. 

"It is nice. You should take a day off and join me some time, I think you'd enjoy it." 

He hummed his agreement, his eyes drifting closed as you moved to burrow into his arms, finally managing to find the warmth you had been so desperately seeking, and slipping into a comfortable sleep.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x