Theon Greyjoy X Reader - Blah Blah Blah

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Blah Blah Blah' by Ke$ha and 3OH!3. I don't really know what this chapter is, but I hope you all enjoy it anyway. 

You should have known that the tavern would be filled to bursting tonight. What with the Soldiers travelling the length and breadth of the North, every drinking establishment anywhere close to a main road was taking more patrons than they could really handle, and it turned out, your local was no different. You had practically had to shove your way to the bar, elbowing a path through the masses in an attempt to get yourself a drink, and once situated, you had made the very wise decision to settle in the spot you'd carved out for yourself. There would be no getting another drink once you were on the other side of the room, and you weren't about to suffer a bunch of over-friendly soldiers sober. 

You'd been pretty happy just watching the people around you interacting from a distance. Young men making advances towards pretty girls. Older veterans of Robert's Rebellion muttering tales of war that left the less experienced soldiers look far too frightened. It was a habit you'd picked up as a child, watching stories unfold in front of you, much more comfortable being a witness than a participant. 

"What're you looking at?" You had completely ignored the comment, letting it fade into the noise of the room around you as you continued to sip at your drink. "Hey," your head quickly turned to find a young man standing beside you, a smirk on his lips. "What're you looking at?" he repeated. 

"Nothing," you hummed out, quickly dropping your attention back to your drink and hoping with your entire being that he would grow bored and move on to a more willing conversation partner. 

No such luck. "You know, you are far too pretty to be a wallflower?" 

A snort slipped out of you at his comment, your brows raising as you took another deep drink. "And you're far too talkative for me to ever want to be in your presence," you muttered out, offering up a faux smile. 

His face flashed with frustration for a moment. "I am a-"

"I don't care who you are," you uttered, silencing him before he could finish his sentence. "To me, you're just another over familiar man who thinks it's his right to bother a woman until she gives in and sleeps with him. Just like every other soldier that's tried speaking with me since I walked through the door." He looked a little taken aback by the way you shrugged him off. "So, if you could stop talking, I would really appreciate it." 

He ran his tongue over his teeth. "What if I told you that I'm not a soldier?" he finally hummed, offering up a sweet smile as you glanced up at him. 

You hated to admit that his comment had peaked your interest. If there had been any other way to fulfil the curiosity growing in your chest, you would have taken it, but right now you were a little stuck. "Then what are you?"

"I thought you didn't care?" You rolled your eyes at him, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I'm a prince," he uttered, looking all too proud of his title.

A snort of laughter slipped out of you. "Whatever you say-"

"I am a prince," he repeated, looking a little less confident now that you were laughing at him. "A prince of the Iron Islands," he added.

"Oh, that hardly counts," you teased. "I thought you were going to say you were someone important," you added, watching as his jaw tightened. You paused for a moment, smiling so sweetly that it left the man a little flustered by the contrast. "If my memory serves me well, that makes you one of two people," you hummed.

He had realised quite quickly that he enjoyed listening to you talk, even if you were insistent on offending him with every sentence, and now he wanted nothing more than to press you for more. "And which do you think I am?" 

Your head tilted to the side as considered his question. "You can't be Euron. I've been told he's the most terrifying man in the Seven Kingdoms, and you're anything but scary." 

Theon quirked an eyebrow at you. "So, who does that make me?"

"Theon Greyjoy," you uttered, watching as a smile pulled at his lips. It turned out that as much as he like listening to your talk, it didn't even compare to hearing you say his name. "Am I right?" 

He nodded, his head tilting as he watched a smile bloom on your face. Gods, you were pretty, even prettier than he had first realised when he'd come over to talk to you. "You are," he hummed, clearing his throat as he pulled his gaze away from you. 

"Well, Theon," you started, lifting your drink to your lips as you paused. "Now that we've been properly introduced, you can go back to your friends and leave me in peace." 

He had to fight to keep the smile from falling from his lips, forcing it back full force. He had been certain that after a little conversation you would give in and let him charm you, but still you were pushing him away. "We've not been properly introduced," he corrected. "I still don't know your name-"

"You don't care what my name is," you interrupted, shaking your head slightly.

Theon's brow furrowed. "I care a little bit too much, actually." He released a sharp sigh, frowning slightly. "And if you don't tell me it's going to bother me for the rest of my life." 

You snorted. "Wow," you murmured, attempting to hide the bubble of laughter that wanted to escaped you. "That's ridiculous."

"You're still avoiding telling me." He nudged you with his elbow, and you suddenly became very aware of just how close the two of you were standing, huddled together at the bar. "Come on, what could I possibly do with a name?" 

You considered his question for a moment, biting down on the inside of your cheek. He was watching you the entire time, his eyes roaming over your face. "Y/N," you finally uttered, seeing him perk up as the name registered.

"Y/N," he repeated softly, giving a quick nod. "It's pretty; suits you."  

"You know," you pressed on, attempting to ignore the subtle compliment. "Attempting to flatter me won't make me want to sleep with you," you continued, watching as he smirked slightly. 

"Who said I wanted to sleep with you?" 

Your breath caught in your throat, and suddenly you became very aware that from the moment he had joined you at the bar, none of Theon's comments had been flirty, nor suggestive, and you were the one making assumptions. "Oh," you uttered. 

"Don't get me wrong, Sweetheart. You are the most stunning woman I have ever seen, and under any other circumstances, I would be honoured to share a bed with you. But I'm currently sleeping in the middle of a sodden field occupied by at least a thousand other men, and I doubt it would be too enjoyable for either of us." 

You couldn't quite catch the bubble of laughter that fell out of you at his comment. "Good," you finally started again. "Because sodden fields don't do it for me." 

"And the other men within earshot?" he asked, his eyebrow quirked as you snorted.

"Not my thing." 

Theon let out a soft whistle, shaking his head. "That's a real shame," he told you softly. 

You hummed out an agreement, attempting to hide the bright smile that tried to make an appearance. "A real damn shame," you repeated softly. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x