Oberyn Martell X Baratheon!Queen!Reader - Killer Queen

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Killer Queen' by Queen. The reader is Robert Baratheon's sister, and Eddard was never killed. I hope you all enjoy it.

"I'm so glad you could make it to tea, My Lord," you hummed, your eyes fixed on the horizon as Oberyn approached your table, a small smile pulling at his lips as he took the seat beside you. You finally drew your attention away from the sea, turning your gaze on him, all sweetness as you grinned. "I'm sure you were very busy."

He let out a soft chuckle at your comment. "This was an invitation I would never want to decline, Your Grace," he told you. He had been fond of you from the moment you had first been introduced, though your brother had sat on the throne then, and ever since, you had been spending your afternoon similarly. When the weather was less forgiving, you would sit on one of the sheltered terraces and enjoy the smell of the rain. But on days like today, when the sun was shining, you would sit here, overlooking the sea. "I'm never too busy for you," he added, and you let out a snort of laughter. 

"You've been spending too much time in the Capital," you teased, shaking your head at him. "And as charming as I know you to be, I think you ought to save it for those lucky young ladies in court." 

Oberyn's tongue darted out to wet his lips as he watched you carefully, your attention straying back to the ships in the distance. "But I don't want to flirt with other women, I want to flirt with you," he hummed, watching as you bit back a chuckle. "I like how playful it makes you," he pressed on, enjoying the way you forced yourself to keep your eyes on the water. "My sweet little kitten." 

Finally, a very unladylike snort of laughter burst out of you, and you slapped your hand over your mouth in surprise as you turned to glare at him. "Oberyn," you scolded through your giggles, shaking your head at his teasing. 

"Come now, My Sweet. No one is here to hear us. I could say anything and nobody would know," he told you, watching you sigh in frustration.

"You don't know that-"

"The guards are stationed at every entrance to these gardens, and they are far enough away to be out of ear shot, even on a clear day," he uttered, laying his hand, palm up, on the table for you to take.

It truly was a shame that Ned was so certain that your marriage to a Martell would cause trouble. Of course, you could understand the issue. The common people knew Oberyn as an immoral womaniser, and to see their Queen married to such a man would never look good for the Kingdom. To see his children as the future heirs to the throne would cause an uprising in the Capital. 

But that didn't mean that you couldn't still love him, even if it had to be kept private. 

"You're a terrible influence on me, you know?" you told him, finally letting your body relax, your head leaning on his shoulder. "Absolutely awful," you reiterated as he shifted to wrap his arm around you, his hand resting on your hip. 

He hummed in agreement, turning to press a kiss to your temple. "I can't help myself," he murmured. "You're just so extraordinarily nice, I can't help but want to lead you astray."

You chuckled, taking his free hand in yours and linking your fingers. It was in moments like these that you regretted how long it had taken you to realise just how much you cared for him. If you had been quicker, you could have been married before Robert had died, and then you wouldn't have had to worry about reputations. If you weren't Queen, you could have loved him openly. 

"What are you thinking about, My Sweet?" he enquired, bringing your entangled hands up to his lips and pressing a kiss to your knuckles. 

"I should have married you when I had the chance-" you started, your words dropping off into nothing.

Oberyn's smile dropped from his lips, replaced with a soft frown. "I almost asked, you know?" Your head tilted to look up at him, brow furrowed in question, curiosity painting your features. "On the evening of your eighteenth name day, Robert was frightfully drunk and I thought that with him in such high spirits he would have no issue in saying yes. But any time I got close, Stannis would be there, lingering around, and I knew the tales of my time in Essos would be enough for him to send me packing. I'm sorry to say I was too scared to ask. If they had told me no, there would have been no reason for you to spend your evenings with me-"

"I would have," you interrupted.

He smiled, kissing your knuckles again. "I couldn't bare the idea of losing you, so I let you remain my faithful companion and nothing more. And then, when I had finally decided that I couldn't live without making you my wife, Robert was killed. And now, I will never get to brag about my clever, kind, beautiful wife-"

You dragged him into a kiss, forcing his words away as you held him close. When you finally pulled away, you focused your tear-stained eyes on his. "Marry me," you uttered, still so close together that if anyone were to see you, it would be unseemly. 

"Sweetness-"

"Please, Oberyn, I will be expected to marry and have children soon, and I don't want to do that with anyone but you."

Oberyn looked so confused, his head shaking slightly. "But Stark said-"

"Fuck Stark," you interrupted, pulling him in for another chaste kiss. "Fuck Stark, and Fuck King's Landing. Fuck everyone. I am the Queen, and if I want to marry the man I love, then who are they to stop us?"

He leant forward, pressing his forehead against yours. "I want to make you my wife," he breathed out, his hands cupping your jaw. 

"Then what's stopping you?" 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x