Targaryen!Reader - Kings and Queens

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Kings and Queens' by Ava Max. This was going to be a completely different imagine and then I remembered the lyric 'Once I start breathing fire you can't tame me,' and it gave me Targaryen vibes. Reader is the only Targaryen left, in place of Daenerys. I hope you all enjoy it.

Your bed chambers had become the most sacred place in the world as of recent. It was quiet and cool enough to stop you from melting in the sticky Essos heat. And the biggest bonus of all, the only people permitted were yourself and your guard. Jorah could be wonderful company, and had spent a lot of his time sitting across from you silently as you worked. It was comfortable and it had been something you had become quite accustomed to since coming to Meereen. 

"What do you think of the new Baratheon King?" you murmured one afternoon as you ran your finger over a piece of parchment, tracing the words on the page. 

Jorah hummed lightly, shifting in his seat. "He's a boy; he'll have no real control. It's his mother who'll be ruling the kingdom."

You nodded, lifting your eyes from the letter to meet his eyes. "She's a strong woman, yes?" Jorah nodded. "Interesting," you uttered, biting down on your lip lightly as you thought. "Did her husband ever seek her council?"

"I wouldn't think so," he told you, watching as you gathered the information into your mind. 

"Should I be worried?"

Jorah was silent for a moment. "I would be, if I were you." He paused again, shrugging slightly. "She's said to be ruthless."

A small smile found itself on your lips, and you released a light chuckle. "Aren't all Queens rumoured to be ruthless?" you asked him. "I'm sure there are many who think I am rather heartless in my approach."

"You are only ruthless when you need to be, for the good of the people."

You nodded, sending him a small smile. "Yes. Well, I would assume the Queen Regent feels the same way about herself."

"Likely," he murmured. "But that doesn't make her correct."

*Time Skip*

"Do you remember what it was I asked of you?" you started, pacing towards the man in front of you. It was hard to maintain the calm, graceful act when the city was under siege, and one of the main perpetrators was standing less that 5 feet away. The man kept the glare on his face, remaining silent as you smiled slightly. "I think you do," you continued. "I requested that you free your slaves, does that ring any bells?"

"We don't answer to you," he spat back, watching as the smile fell from your lips, replaced by a scowl.

"Well, that is news to me," you uttered, shaking your head. "I was so certain that I was the Khaleesi," you continued.

The man practically snarled at you, spitting at your feet. "We aren't your fucking Khalasar."

"That's a shame," you told him, tilting your head to the side as your smile returned. "Because my Khalasar are granted some lenience when they make mistakes." You paused for a moment, glancing at the other men clustered around him. "I do assume this was all just a silly misunderstanding, and you didn't intend to make an attempt to overthrow a Queen."

"You aren't a Queen," he growled.

You released a soft chuckle, shaking your head. "Jorah?" you called out, glancing behind you. 

"Yes, Your Grace," he answered, coming to stand at your elbow. 

"Would you mind reminding these men who I am?"

"Of course, Your Grace." Jorah cleared his throat, turning to address the other men. "Before you stands Y/N Targaryen, the first of her name. Daughter of Aerys Targaryen, the last Targaryen King of Westeros. The rightful Queen of the Andals, the Rhyonar, and the First Men. The Breaker of Chains and the Mother of Dragons."

Your smile grew as you gave him a short nod, watching as he took a step back. "You see, I am the rightful Queen and it would do you good to remember that." You released a small sigh as they remained silent again. "But as you've said, I'm not Your Queen, which means you are unable to receive my lenience as my followers would." A deafening roar broke through the silence, causing the men to tumble to the ground. You released a short chuckle. "What wonderful timing."

Drogon was quick to rise over the edge of the cliff, coming to land beside you and sending a rumble through the earth beneath your feet. You reached out, running a hand over his side.

"Do remember, I am not someone who is easily tamed," you uttered, watching as fear spread throughout the small cluster of men in front of you. "And Drogon here only has allegiance to me."

The silence that fell was only broken by the heavy breathing of the dragon at your side. You smiled as you glanced up at him.

"Dracarys," you uttered, watching as the dragon's fire began to flow. The silence was gone now, replaced by the screams of the burning men.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x