Jaime Lannister X Stark!Reader - Crashed The Wedding

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song 'Crashed The Wedding' by Busted. I hope you all enjoy it.

You huffed as you ran your hands over the shirt of your dress, straightening it out as you glared at your reflection in the mirror. If today went off without a hitch, you would end up as a Baratheon by the time the sun would start setting, and Gods, that made you feel completely sick to your stomach. Sure, Robert had been in your life for longer than you could remember, but that didn't mean you wanted to marry him. In fact, it had become increasingly clear to you over the last few days that there was nothing you wanted less than to become his wife. 

Coming back to Winterfell was possibly the worst decision you had ever made. When you had been in the capital, you'd at least been hidden away well enough that your brothers had forgotten that you weren't yet married. You had the freedom to create bonds that would've been impossible at home. You'd been blessed enough to meet Jaime, and now, here you were wishing that you'd listened to him when he'd warned you about leaving. 

He'd hit the nail on the head really. Some stupid comment about how you were getting older, and once your brothers realised that, you would be married before you knew what was happening. He'd seen the same thing happen to every young maiden that had come to King's Landing over the years. Of course, that had brought a chuckle out of you, and you'd reminded him that you weren't exactly the maiden you had been when you'd met him.

"But," he had hummed, watching as you rested your chin on his chest. "Your brothers aren't going to know that, are they? Seven Hells, they'd kill me if they did-" 

"Of course, they won't know-"

"So, to them, you're the perfect maiden. Pretty, and pure, and done with your travels. The perfect wife for some lord they'll have made friends with at one of the tourneys you were never allowed to attend." He sighed. "Or, you could just write that you're staying a little longer, and when my father comes to the capital next, we can tell him that I'm ready to marry, and he can deal with all the, what I can only assume will be a lot of, trouble."

"I haven't been to Winterfell in two years, Jaime. I miss them," you murmured, a small frown pulling at your lips.

Jaime released a soft sigh, his hand lifting to cup your cheek gently in his palm. "I know you do, Sweetness," he started. "But I can't stand the idea of them stealing you away from me." 

You swallowed around the lump in your throat, fighting back tears as you realised that you would never get to be with Jaime again, and all because you hadn't listened to him. 

A knock on the door startled you slightly, and your head quickly turned towards the door, finding Brandon leaning around the edge, beaming at you. 

"Look at you," he hummed, moving further into the room and gesturing to your dress. "You make a wonderful bride," he added, listening out for the small sigh you released. "I know this isn't what you had in mind-"

"Then why are you making me do this?" you interrupted, your jaw set tight as you stared at him. "It's not like I was running off like some hellion; I don't need reigning in. I would've married in my own time-"

"Y/N." Your name was warning enough, leaving you in complete silence. "This was always the plan; you knew that." 

Your tongue darted out to wet your bottom lip. "I'll never love him," you muttered, shaking your head. "Are you not ashamed of yourself?"

"Ashamed that my little sister will be the wife of one of the most powerful men in the Seven Kingdoms? Ashamed that I helped put her there? Why would I ever be ashamed of that?" 

"Ashamed that I will spend the rest of my life miserable because of you," you reiterated. "That I will never be happy because you refuse to even consider that I can make this decision for myself-"

Another knock on the door brought your words to an abrupt halt, and you turned your back to the door, sniffling away the start of your tears as Brandon called for your new guest to enter. 

"Lord Jaime, I wasn't aware you would be in attendance," Brandon started, striding across the room to shake his hand. 

"Y/N and I met in King's Landing; I wanted to come and support her." Gods, even his voice was enough to leave you a little shaken. He'd come all this way just to watch you marry someone that wasn't him, and it was going to be the thing to kill you. "Would you mind if I had a word with her before I head to the sept?"

Brandon grunted an answer, making his way outside and leaving you alone. 

"Y/N," Jaime murmured, walking towards you slowly as you kept your back turned. The moment you looked at him, you knew you would break. You're entire calm facade would shatter and you wouldn't be able to hold the tears back anymore. You wouldn't be able to walk outside and go to your wedding. "Sweetness, will you say something?" he added. "Please?" 

You released a shaking breath. "I never should've come home; I should've stayed with you."

Jaime's hands were on your shoulder a moment later, turning you to face him and letting you bury your face into his neck as you released your first proper sob. 

"I don't want to marry him. I promise," you yelped against him, the words muffled by the fabric of his cloak. "I don't want anyone but you."

"I know, Sweetness," he uttered, keeping his voice as soft and even as he could manage, though he was shaking with anger over how your brothers were hurting you. "Say the word and I'll take you away from this place. We'll head straight to Casterly Rock and I'll marry you myself."

You pulled back slightly, your eyes red and puffy from your tears. "Brandon would be so mad."

"It's not his life. He doesn't get to decide for you." He paused for a moment, his hand lifting to wipe away the stray tears from your cheeks. "You get to choose what happens next."

You leant forward, pressing your forehead to his. "Take me with you, Jaime."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x