Theon Greyjoy X Reader - Goddess

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song 'Goddess' by Jaira Burns. Theon Greyjoy is a simp and no one can change my mind 😂 I hope you all enjoy it.

For as long as you could remember, you had been told that you were beautiful. A Goddess amongst mere mortals, brought to Westeros to change the course of history. A beauty unparalleled. A creature so flawless that men would destroy entire cities for you. 

In all honesty, the attention had always driven you crazy. You were barely even an adult when the first man had attempted to make you his wife, and you had just as quickly turned him away. It had occurred to you that these men didn't love you. They lusted after you, yes. They wanted you, no doubt. But above all else, they feared you. You were capable of more than they could imagine, and they were desperate to control that capability and make it their own. 

You were eighteen when you decided you would much rather rule on your own, without a man holding you back, and you didn't regret that decision for a second. Or you hadn't, until you had first visited Winterfell. What your advisors had painted as a dull political trip to the North had instead turned into something far more life changing.

"It's an honour to finally meet you, My Lady," the boy had started, drawing your attention over to him, a small smile forced onto your lips. He couldn't have been much younger than you were, but the toothy grin he was giving you made him look like an excitable child as he waited for your response to his comment. 

"Are you one of Stark's children?" His smile faltered for a moment, and he quickly shook his head.

He cleared his throat, holding out his hand in your direction. "Theon Greyjoy. I'm Lord Stark's ward."

"I see," you murmured, allowing your eyes to wander the courtyard with a small hum. 

"You are one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen," he finally started again, breaking the silence and drawing your attention back to him.

You gave him a soft smile. "Tell me something I don't know," you uttered. His mouth hung open after that, as if he was searching for something to say. You quirked an eyebrow at him, a small chuckle falling from your lips. "I'm not here to pretend to be some modest little woman, Theon. And I definitely don't need anyone here to tell me that I'm attractive." 

He nodded, swallowing around the lump in his throat. "Seven Hells, you're incredible," he finally started again, causing another chuckle to fall from your lips. 

"You're sweet," you told him softly, reaching out to pat his cheek in a fleeting movement. A small smirk pulled at your lips as you glanced over to the entrance to the Great Hall, where Lord Stark and his wife were hovering, watching you. "I'm sure I'll see you around, Theon Greyjoy," you finally added, before making a hasty exit towards the Starks.

*Time Skip*

This wasn't normal. You had been in Winterfell for all of three days and you still couldn't stop thinking about Theon.  You had practically destroyed your bottom lip from the amount of time you'd spent biting down on it. Gods, he was just everywhere. 

"Good morning, My Lady," he had started as he came to sit opposite you at breakfast, a cheeky smile painted on his lips. "You look utterly breathtaking today," he paused for a moment. "As always," he added, watching as you rolled your eyes at his comment. 

You hummed your agreement, taking a sip from your cup in an attempt to hide the blush growing on your cheeks. "Do you ever stop flirting or are you always this persistent?" you murmured, raising an eyebrow when he snorted. 

"Don't you worry," he started, offering you a small smile. "This is all reserved for you." 

You chuckled at his comment. "How reassuring."

"Well, women usually get all soppy when I compliment them, but you-" he paused for a moment, "-you didn't really care, which makes me want to find out exactly what it is that's going to make your knees go weak." 

You hummed, nodding. "I think you're going to be searching for a long time," you teased, giving him a small smile. 

"I'm willing to commit if you are," he murmured, causing a small chuckle to bubble out of you.

"Is that a proposal?"

Theon shrugged slightly. "I think that depends on what your answer would be."

"If I say yes, your life will change completely," you warned him, shifting in your seat slightly. "You wouldn't be the head of the household, I would be. You'd have to leave Winterfell." You paused for a moment. "Do you think you could live like that?"

Theon's tongue darted out to wet his bottom lip. "If it meant I got to spend my life with you, I would be happy to."

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x