6 ~

Chapter Six

"This is insane," Sun-oh grins as they enter the shopping mall.

"What is?" she asks, observing her surroundings.

"We aren't doing homework on a weekend," he smiles at her as he offers his elbow to her. She absentmindedly loops her arm through it and shakes her head, "I know it's such a shame." He laughs at her dramatized sigh and they walk towards the main shopping area.

The weather was warmer which was always welcome for both of them. Sun-oh was sporting black jeans with a burnt orange tee and a jean jacket with converse, while Ae-ri was wearing a white long sleeve turtleneck with a burnt orange corduroy dress and black platform boots.

She was coerced into matching outfits, but she didn't mind since he offered to do her hair which was in the half up half down style he seemed to like on her.

"So what are you shopping for?" he asks her as he notices them gathering attention from different people. He forgot he was a well-known model momentarily, but ignores them after finding the reason for their stares.

"Some stationary and hair products," she smiles at him.

His heart warms at the sight and he smiles back, "Sounds like a plan. I was also hoping you could style an outfit for me so I can look as dope as you."

Ae-ri laughs before nodding, leading him towards the stationary store, "Heard it."

***

Sun-oh watches Ae-ri as she sifts through different pens and notebooks, trying to find the right shades she was looking for. He notices how when she is concentrated, she furrows her eyebrows and bites her lip, rubbing them together every now and then. She also seems to be entertained by her thoughts--she smiles to herself when finding something amusing.

His gaze momentarily drops down to her body and he realizes the dress she wore was form fitting enough to be provocative; he doesn't appreciate it despite being the reason she was wearing it. He looks away and his eyes land on a group of guys who were gawking at her for a variety of reasons, one probably being her physique.

Ae-ri tugs on his hand as he scowls softly and he looks down at her. She motions to the checkout and they get in line to pay.

"What did you end up getting?" he asks as a way to distract himself from his protectiveness. She smiles at the question and shows him her new pencils and highlighters. "They are bleed-proof and these have science puns," she laughs as she reads one. He looks at her face as she smiles to herself and feels the warm feeling in his chest once more.

After checking out, they head to one of the hair supply stores and converse on the way there. "Why are you so tense?" Ae-ri asks as she realizes they were being glanced at quite regularly. "People are looking at you and I don't like it," he grumbles as he drops his shoulders. She was expecting something along the lines of he was hungry but the answer takes her by surprise.

"How interesting," she comments mostly to herself. "Luckily, they aren't my friend so you really shouldn't concern yourself with it."

"I'm a very jealous person."

"I bet you thought you were doing something confessing that, huh?"

Sun-oh watches as two guys glance at her body before commenting on it amongst themselves and slips his hand to her waist, pressing her to his side. He feels her stiffen under his touch and he grumbles, "I don't care, you're my friend."

"Sir, if you don't get your hands off me I swear-"

"-I just want to protect-"

"-I will not hesitate to punch your esophagus, don't fucking try me."