11 ~

Chapter Eleven

"Don't leave me!"

"Sir, what?"

"Don't leave me behind," he begs, his arms clinging to her legs.

"My mom said you could come, sir."

He looks up at her from the ground and tilts his head, "Really?"

Ae-ri looks down and snorts, "Yes." She stops packing her bags to sit on the floor with him, "My mom talked to yours and your mom said it would be good."

"You're a god. She literally loves you."

Ae-ri cups her face, "I mean who wouldn't love this?"

"Dork."

"Simp."

***

Ae-ri's mom, Amara, smiles at Sun-oh. "Hi, darling, how are you?"

Sun-oh smiles at her warm energy and bows before replying, "I'm good, how are you?"

"Excited to see my family tomorrow. You guys rest up okay?"

Ae-ri kisses her moms cheek and they embrace before Amara leaves to her room. Sun-oh and Ae-ri were tired but too excited about their friend trip to feel the need to sleep.

They were currently on winter break which meant they had about a month or so to recharge before school started once more. Her parents had gifted her a family trip, knowing she had missed spending time with them, and of course extended the invitation to Sun-oh.

Their friendship had solidified to the point where they hung out together most of the time and spent time together on the weekends; it was odd to see one without the other.

Her family had some business to settle in her moms country, Dominican Republic, so they would be staying at their family home there.

"Are you excited?" she asks him as they listen to music and throw a pillow between each other.

"Very," he grins.

"I think you'll like it there. But, you might be intimidated," she muses.

"Why?"

"Latines are something quite different for lack of a better word."

"In a good way?"

"In a very good way."

***

They get up at around two in the morning, and prepare themselves. Ae-ri gets dressed first, sliding on baggy light wash jeans, a beige cropped tank, and slides on beige Nike Air Jordans. She decides on a thick white sweater to beat the cold until she arrives on the tropical island and could just wear the tank top. She chooses two pig tails for her hair and exits just as Sun-oh pulls on his shirt.

He had coerced her into matching outfits once more, so he wore light wash jeans, a white tee, a beige sweatshirt, and white shoes. "Looking sharp," he compliments as he tugs on his sweatshirt. "Thanks, babe," she winks before making her bed, and making sure she didn't forget anything.

Her dad knocks on her door, "You guys ready?" He was quite tall and his features were handsome. She smiles and looks at Sun-oh for confirmation; he nods and Ae-ri nods to her dad, "Yeah, we're good."

"Cool, we are taking two separate cars, we are gonna leave them there."

She gives him a thumbs up and Sun-oh realizes he has never seen Ae-ri drive.

"You drive?" he asks as he spritz on some cologne.

Her dad laughs as Ae-ri smiles softly, "Do I drive? Yeah, something like that," she nods.