8 ~

Chapter Eight

Now she knew what he felt every time guys would look at her a certain way.

It had been about two weeks since the rumor started floating around and Sun-oh was slowly gathering his bearings again, deciding that neither Jo-jo nor Hye-young were truly there for them if they would turn around and do what they had done.

He just needed Ae-ri who with every glance that the student population gave him, pulled him closer into her body, her arm around his waist and his arm around her shoulders. She wanted to shield him from all the stares, all the judgement, in order to salvage him at all costs.

He ruffles her hair before holding her closer and offering her a smile, "You're such a dork."

"It's a compliment."

"That can be heavily debated."

"Wow, now you're stealing my phrases too? Brutal."

Sun-oh laughs softly as they walk out of their classroom and into the hallway.

It was the end of the week and it was also the day in which their planned sleepover from a while back would come to fruition. It gave him a more positive outlook on the day and he got a little happier at knowing he would be having a good time.

"I have snacks at home, but we could stop by the store if you want to."

He nods and smiles to himself when she subconsciously grabs his hand, tugging on her strap with the other hand. "I was thinking we could watch your favorite movie first, and then watch mine. Or actually-" he looks down as the girl animatedly talks through the schedule she had for tonight.

Her eyes were glittering, her smile genuine, and when she looks up at him with a hopeful expression he just smiles at her which in turn leads her to experience confusion. "Really? I didn't think you would be down for that."

"Down for what?

"Playing Just Dance."

He laughs and kisses the top of her head, "Whatever you want, Ae-ri."

She sighs, "You weren't listening were you?"

"Not one bit."

***

"Sun-oh!"

"I got it! I got it!"

"Bro!"

Ae-ri dives onto her kitchen counter and slips across the surface before sprinting to the oven that was beeping uncontrollably. Sun-oh runs across the kitchen, throwing her a glove which she catches with a leap before opening the oven door and yanking out the cookies that somehow weren't harmed.

They both sigh in relief and she slides the tray on the cooling rack, shaking her head. She sits down on the kitchen counter and smiles as he approaches her.

"Dude, you almost killed the entire vibe for tonight."

"Bye, I literally just killed you in Just Dance."

"Oh, please, I bodied the shit out of Pound the Alarm by the American queen of rap herself."

Sun-oh laughs as he takes off a chunk of a cookie, gesturing for Ae-ri to open her mouth so she can feed her. Ae-ri leans forward on her kitchen counter as he comes to stand between her legs and he drops the piece on her tongue. "Ooo, it hits."

He gives her a smile before taking off his apron and placing himself between her thighs once more, hugging her happily as she hugs him back."You're the best, you know that?" he mumbles as he cuddles into her neck. She was slowly mending his broken pieces back together and making him forget all the hurt.

She laughs as he ruffles her hair and nods, "Yes, I'm aware. Now back to our itinerary."

***

"Are you crying?"

"How are you not crying?" Sun-oh sniffles as he looks at Ae-ri's amused face.

They had just finished watching Soul and the realization of the devastatingly short life they had to live was beginning to take a toll on him.

Ae-ri shrugs and offers him a tissue before playing some soft music in the background and getting up to get some water. They were in her house's movie room which he found convenient for the time at hand. "Want water?" she asks. He confirms and she grabs two bottles before heading back to her seat.

"Now we watch my select movie," she grins excitedly.

***

"Bro are you crying?"

Ae-ri wails at the beauty of the film before her and blows her nose into a tissue, "It's just so beautiful." The Interstellar credits begin to roll and he shakes his head in bewilderment. "You truly are a dork."

"Shut it, you fragile simp."

***

They eat some snacks as they sit in her huge bathroom, waiting for their masks to do what they needed to. He offers her a licorice and she thanks him before yawning, the activities of the day getting to her.

"Do you have social media?" he asks.

"Yeah, mostly for my outfits though."

He nods and asks, "Is it okay if I post this moment?"

"Go for it."

She throws a peace sign and he smiles at the sight before captioning it, tagging her, and posting it. She receives the notification and gives him a thumbs up, smiling.

"So what are the sleeping arrangements?"

"What do you mean?"

"Where am I sleeping?"

"...In my bed?"

He tilts her head upon realizing she didn't find anything wrong with the notion.

"Are you sure you're cool with that?"

"Yeah, as long as you stay on your side of the bed."

"Gotcha."

***

"Goodnight, Ae-ri."

"Goodnight, Sun-oh."

They both fall into a deep slumber, their sleep taking over for them. Sun-oh felt comfortable and safe for the first time in a while; he didn't dread the next day and he looked forward to living the good life--as long as she was there, she made it okay.

Ae-ri's mind usually kept her up for a while, but she felt asleep with her thoughts at rest; she didn't feel anxious, or different from other people today and it was thanks to the person beside her.

They both shift in their sleep, searching for each other unconsciously until finally Sun-oh cuddles deeper into her neck and Ae-ri clutches his torso softly. His hands grip onto her waist, slipping past the hem of her shirt and warming the small of her back. They both sigh in content, falling deeper into the dreams their minds were formulating.