9 ~

Chapter Nine

Ae-ri hums softly and Sun-oh shifts, his fingers tugging on the blanket, covering his shoulders. Ae-ri's body relaxes under the newfound heat source and they cuddle deeper into each other to conserve warmth.

They realize it at the same time, snap their eyes open, and both let out a yell of surprise. Soon enough they find themselves on the floor on either side of the bed, laughing after processing the moment. She turns her head as he turns to her and they look at each other from under the bed, warmth on their faces.

"Dude, I didn't know you were clingy," she teases.

He blushes before shaking his head, "No, I bet you clung onto me first."

"As if."

"Okay then, live in denial."

"Oh?"

Sun-oh sticks his tongue out as a response before dragging his body off the floor, Ae-ri doing the same. She grabs her phone to play some music, and they fix her bed before moving on with the rest of the day.

"You can go in first," she offers. He nods and grabs his overnight bag before heading to her bathroom. Ae-ri picks out her outfit before fixing some small things in her room; she folds the blankets they used while having a small midnight talk yesterday, throws out any leftover wrappers, and lights some candles.

She didn't really have any plans for today. It was mostly just gonna be them vibing for an entire day since they never really get the chance to do that between homework and family.

Ae-ri opens her huge blinds for her tall windows and peers out at the foggy sky, smiling at the weather. About 30 minutes pass before Sun-oh pops out of the bathroom, his hair slightly damp, and his face gleaming. "You have such nice smelling shampoos," he compliments.

"Yessir. Did I convince you to go sulfate free?"

He laughs before nodding, "For sure."

She smiles and nudges his elbow in passing, grabbing her clothes before getting into her bathroom.

***

"Okay fit."

"Okay fit, yourself, sir."

Sun-oh was wearing a light wash jeans, with a white tee shirt and a colorful jacket; Ae-ri decided on some ripped slightly baggy jeans, and a collared vintage cropped sweater. Her hair was out and about, her hair seemingly big and beautiful.

"What are the plans for today?"

"I don't know I didn't really get that far."

He laughs softly and shakes his head, "Let's go, loser. I'll buy us coffee."

***

Ae-ri clutches onto Sun-oh's hand, which she was already holding, as she peers forward, looking at the menu. Sun-oh orders himself an americano while Ae-ri gets an iced machiatto. He looks down as Ae-ri's thumb softly strokes his hand and sees that she was occupied, her eyes analyzing her surroundings carefully in order to observe--she did it subconsciously.

"Here you go," the cashier offers them their coffee as she notices the handholding between the two.

"Oh, are you two together?" she asks softly, feeling that they were quite pretty together. The girl before her had an innate elegance and air to her that seemed intelligent, while the boy seemed to enjoy looking at her perceive the world and protecting her.

Sun-oh shakes his head, "No. We are just best friends."

Ae-ri and him grab their coffee, nodding to the lady that murmured, "What a shame," under her breath before taking the next customer. Sun-oh watches as Ae-ri lets go of his hand to sit down and can't help missing her touch.

"So what's after this?" he asks as they sip their coffees in soft silence.

"A surprise," she grins, her eyes glimmering.

***

Ae-ri smiles as they look at all the rides around them, Sun-oh happily pulling her into the line for the racing cars. "Bet I can beat you," he smiles with a glint of competition in his eyes. Ae-ri snorts and looks at the cars, figuring out which color she would select. "You're so on. Winner gets to choose the next ride."

"Deal."

Soon enough, the line shifts to allow them in and they drop into their seats, Ae-ri buckling herself in before cracking her knuckles, and sticking her tongue out at her competition who seemed to have the same idea as her.

The countdown to driving starts and as soon as the light turns green, Ae-ri is the first one to react. She takes off, Sun-oh falling close behind her. The first turn comes up and Ae-ri remembers that one Cars movie, Go left to go right; she drifts successfully as Sun-oh laughs, turning at the same rate.

He presses his foot down on the gas and winks at Ae-ri as he passes her, an amused smile playing on her lips. She does the same thing for the next turn, passing Sun-oh and the finish line before he can protest.

***

"You cheated."

"It's impossible."

Ae-ri laughs at his jokingly upset face and tugs him towards the flying swings. The line was nonexistent so they just walk in and strap themselves in, Ae-ri swinging her feet happily. Out of all the rides this one was her favorite because it made her feel free.

Sun-oh glances over as the ride begins, seeing Ae-ri giggle for the first time ever. They start their rotations around the pole in the middle and she leans her head back, the sun shining on her, her eyes closing softly. The breeze lifts her hair back, her curls blowing behind her and for a second, she's flying. Sun-oh laughs and looks over to see if she's having fun, only for his breath to catch in his throat at the sight of her being in a state of pure bliss.

A soft smile tugs on her mouth and she bites her lip to keep from laughing out loud. Her mind was quiet, her body warm, and her soul happy. Sun-oh smiles at the angelic energy she seemed to radiate before she opens her eyes and looks at him, her gaze making him shiver.

The ride begins to die down and soon enough they get off. Ae-ri smiles at Sun-oh, her fingers slipping between his own. "That was great." Sun-oh kisses the top of her before nodding, "Indeed, it was."