Chapter 41

Author's Note: Happy Holidays everyone! =) I figured that I'd give you guys a little holiday treat, seeing as how it's been a few days since I've updated. This chapter is kind of sad, but don't worry.... let me know what you think; you know I always love hearing from you guys! --Ekat =)

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            The last month and a half has been really busy. We’ve been having so much fun with the tour. I was a little worried that Alex was still getting morning sickness, until it stopped last week. Now she’s moved on to the emotional stage of the pregnancy. Her new thing is always wanting to cuddle with me. It’s so funny, and I sure as hell don’t mind. Also, at random moments, she’ll start crying, and won’t be able to stop. The boys just laugh at her, but I feel bad. I’m glad that we’re having a baby boy together, but I just can’t help but feel bad for getting her pregnant. Oh, and I still haven’t been able to calm down from the excitement of having a son. Every morning, one of the first things that I do is look at the sonogram pictures.

            We are currently in Dallas. The girls went back home a week ago, and it was sad seeing them go. Zayn, Liam, and Louis were especially bummed. They were just starting to become themselves again. I think it was hard for them look at me be with Lexi, knowing that their girlfriends were hours away. Lexi said that after this show, she wanted to go back home for a little trip, to see her family, since it’s been over five months since she spent alone time with them. It was going to kill me to see her go. We haven’t been apart since that week she flew to London to help Simon and Ed with our album. I know it sounds like we’re being clingy with each other, but we just love being together. I wanted to spend as much time together with her as possible before she left. We had a show in a few hours, and then tomorrow Harry, Liam, and Zayn were kidnapping her for a bonding day. I was starting to feel my protective instincts kick in. It seems like every time we go out in public, something bad always happens to Alex. I just want to keep her in the palm of my hand, just to reassure myself that everything is okay, and that I have nothing to worry about. She’s my everything, and I would go completely mental if something ever happened to her.

Liam’s P.O.V.

            We just left the venue after putting on another performance. I don’t know what it is about performing in front of people, but it just seemed to give us this high. It was nice having the little break during the holidays, but now we’ve had our batteries recharged, and have been full of energy ever since. I was sad to see Danielle go back home, especially after getting back together with her; but I know that I’ve kept her to myself long enough. After all, she does have a life back in London.

The ride back to the hotel was silent. It was kind of nice in a weird way. When I looked over at Niall, I noticed that he was looking down at Lexi, who was sleeping in his lap. He was stroking her hair, making both of the happy. They were really happy together, and I was glad for the both of them. I could tell that Niall wasn’t exactly happy that Alex was going back home for a week. I just hope they take better care of themselves this time. I think Alex will be okay, I’m just worried about Niall. He doesn’t take to kindly to being without Alex. I would never admit this to anyone, but the way they acted around each other was adorable. They always knew what the other was thinking, and always knew what to say to make the other smile. I kind of felt bad that we were taking Alex away from Niall for an afternoon, but she’s a big part of our family too, and we’re going to miss her deeply. Plus, I think this could be good practice for the two of them.