Chapter 18

A/N: Here's the update I promised. I just want you guys to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to read my story. I absolutely love reading your comments and interacting with you, the readers. Anytime you want to talk or have me read your Nialler fics, just shoot me a message, comment, post on my profile, I have a twitter (check profile)... Have fun reading the new update :D --Ekat1507

P.S.: Oh, and for those wondering about my username, it's from a book series... not a relation to my name [as I am a guy].

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            Here I was, standing outside the boy’s dressing room with Simon Cowell. I don’t care what anybody says, this man was intimidating… or maybe it’s just me. I don’t know. I’m just a complete wreck right now. He’s the one that put One Direction together, and here he was talking to me. Nothing to be nervous about, except saying something to make a complete ass out of myself.

            “Alex, I just want to say that you are an amazing singer,” Simon told me. “I must be honest. I came here tonight because I was in New York, and it was the boy’s first show. I just wanted to make sure everything ran smoothly, but when I saw the boys were trying to make you sing, I never thought that voice would come out of you. You have a real knack for singing.”

            “Thanks” was all I could say, because I was in utter shock. Simon Cowell just complemented me on my singing. Okay, must try and resist the urge to pass out.

            “So I was wondering if you would be interested in performing a song or two with the boys every night on tour, and maybe consider being signed by my label when the tour is done?” he asked me.

            I actually had to think for a minute about this. When I finally made up my mind, I looked up to see him staring at me, waiting for an answer.

            “I would love to sing with the boys on tour,” I started. “But I’m not interested in a record deal. That sort of thing isn’t important to me. I love singing, don’t get me wrong, but music should be a gift, not something you flaunt, and show off to everybody for money. I really appreciate the offer though Mr. Cowell.”

            “That’s quite alright dear,” Simon replied. “And please, call me Simon. I must say though, I’m a little shocked to hear those words, but I respect your decision. I’ll let the crew know that you’ll be singing during the tour too. I’d really like to stay and catch up with the boys, but I have a flight in an hour back to Los Angeles. Please tell them I’ll talk to them soon, and that they did a great job tonight. Oh, and best wishes for you and Niall.”

            “Thanks, and I’ll make sure to tell them,” I replied, waving to him as he walked down the long hallway.  Okay, so maybe that wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. For a minute there, I thought I might have been on a one way trip back to London.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            The boys and I just got out of the shower, and noticed Simon and Alex were missing. We were about to go looking for them, when Alex came walking in through the door. The boys and I exchanged glances as we noticed Simon didn’t follow enter behind her. I walked over to her, and brought her into my embrace.