Chapter 36

Authror's Note: I know that it has only been a day since my last update, but I know that I left a lot of you wondering what was going to happen with Tom, lol. So I decided to post this chapter as a celebration of reching 4000+ reads. It really means a lot, and so this chapter is dedicated to all of you readers that continue to support me. So I hope you enjoy the chapter, even though it is very dramatic. Let me know what you think! =) --Ekat

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            His words just kept echoing through my mind. I can’t believe he’s here. These last couple of months with Niall have been so amazing, I’ve managed to push thoughts of Tom to the back of my mind. Then when I saw his face, all of thoughts, emotions, and fears came flooding back into my mind. I looked into his eyes, and I saw the scared girl that I used to be. These last few months with the boys have taught me that I am strong, and that I just didn’t realize it; that sometimes you have to go through a few rough patches in order to see how strong you truly are. I started to back away, but he just moved with me.

            “Come on beautiful, don’t be like that,” he said with a sick smile on his face.

            “Stay away from me you monster,” I said, on the verge of tears.

            “I’m the monster?” he snarled, and slapped me across the face. “Have you looked in a mirror lately? You just try and try to impress me, but you constantly fail. From what I’ve seen in the news, you’re whoring yourself around with some pop star. Not only that, but I hear you got knocked up. So who’s the father; the dunce, the overprotective knit-whit, the quiet bad ass, the Irish drunk, or is it your curly headed freak of a brother?”

            By this point, I couldn’t control the tears that were streaming down my face, and before I could react, I saw something I never thought possible. Someone came over, and punched Tom in the face, knocking him to the ground. Then that person climbed on top of him, and continued to beat the shit out of him. Normally, I would be appalled by the violence being used, but he deserved it. Security came over to pull the bloke off of Tom. When the officers separated the two, I saw that the one that saved me was Niall.

            I ran over to him, and wrapped my arms around his neck, still crying. He tried soothing me, and I started to calm down. I still can’t believe I ran into him. Of all the times for this to happen, why now? I was finally happy; should have known that would never last. Niall brought me over to the bench, and sat me in his lap, holding me. He whispered soothing words into my ear to get me to stop crying. After a few minutes, I did. Having Niall here for support really helped. I held onto my stomach, realizing that if anyone had to be the father of this baby, I’m over the moon knowing that it’s Niall.

            “Alex, did you know who that guy was?” Niall asked pleadingly. I knew I had to tell him.

            “Yeah… that was Tom,” I murmured in quiet tone, hoping he didn’t hear me. But when I felt his body stiffen under me, I knew that my hopes were shattered.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            When I walked through the mall with the food for Alex and I, I couldn’t help but feel that something was wrong. I just felt that I needed to find her. I made my way through the mall, looking for her. I finally managed to see the back of her head, with her looking down. She turned around, and bumped into someone. I laughed at her clumsiness, but then realized that she was upset about something. I looked at the person that she bumped into, and he had a creepy grin spread across his face. I started making my way over to her, and noticed that she started crying hysterically. Whoever this douche bag is, was making my Princess cry, and I wasn’t going to stand for it. I don’t know what came over to me, but I just let my fists do the talking.