Chapter 8

A/N: Hey guys! Wow, I've had so many more people read this since the weekend and I'm excited. As a male Directioner (Yes, we do exist, lol), I was hoping you guys would still like my story and I'm glad you do. I just like the sensative side to Niall while adding a lot of humor. Well as promised, here's Chapter 8 (Finding it cool that I'm posting this at 111 views :) ). Let me know what you think either on my message board, comment, vote, shoot me a message, follow me on twitter (on profile).. yeah, so enjoy!

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            I was stunned. Why did she get up and run away? Wait, why am I still sitting here? I threw money down on the table, and ran after her. When I ran out the door, I looked everywhere. Then I turned towards the parking lot, and saw her on her knees over by the car. I quickly ran over to her, and threw my arms around her, bringing her into my chest, trying to comfort her. We stayed like this for a few minutes. After a little while, she finally stopped crying. I looked down at her, feeling awful.

            “Alex, please just listen to me,” I pleaded with my eyes closed. “I feel awful for making you cry. I completely understand that you don’t want to be my girlfriend. I guess I just read too much into our friendship and— ”

            Before I could finish, I felt something. I opened my eyes to see that it was Alex’s lips pressed up against mine. I didn’t want this moment to end, but I was confused.

            “Lexi?” I questioned.

            “I’m sorry for freaking out on you Niall,” she said, looking back down towards the ground. “I was just really nervous. The last time someone asked me to be their girlfriend, I got hurt, really bad. After that, I started doing you-know-what. But please, don’t tell anyone about what you saw tonight, especially Harry.”

            I quietly nodded before speaking again. “Lexi, I want you to know that you can tell me anything. I would never betray your trust.”

            She took in a deep breath before starting to speak. “About a year ago, I met this guy Tom. He seemed really sweet at first. Then when he asked me to be his girlfriend, I happily accepted. But as soon as I did, I began to realize I had made the worst decision of my life. From day one, he treated me like shit. Saying that I could never be what he deserved. He beat be every morning, and every night.” She took in a breath trying to hold back the tears before continuing. “A couple of months went by, and I was really depressed. That’s when the cutting started. I knew it was wrong, but it was just a way to escape from Tom. Six months into our relationship, he found out I was cutting, and beat me even harder. So hard that I was knocked unconscious. I woke up in the hospital with my family next to me. Tom apparently dumped me outside the front of my house, leaving a note saying that I didn’t deserve him. Luckily my mom, dad, and Harry didn’t see the cuts on my arm; but they did see the bruises that he left for me. He always made sure they were places no one would look. For the last six months, I’ve started to get back into my routine, and be happy again, even though I still cut every now and again. That’s why Harry’s so over protective of me. He has seen me at my all-time low, and has always been there for me. As time went on, I knew I was becoming the person I once was again. When I moved out of my parent’s house, it felt like I was taking a giant step in the right direction.”