fifteen

"Okay guys," Coach Lee bellowed from the front of the gym as the students hardly recovered from the intense combo kicking. "Before we end off today's training, let's do some physical training."

The class groaned loudly, sounds of panting still travelling around the room as everyone shifted restlessly about their position. Seeing how they were always so proactive, this is a first.

"Now now, if I hear one more complaint, I'll add an extra set," he warned strictly, to which the class immediately kept quiet and complied. I heaved a huge sigh, my body already close to shutting down after the past two hours. The thing about physical training is that the intensity varies with the types of exercises one does, and not knowing that intensity makes my stomach churn.

"Coach Lee is known for his extreme workouts, so don't expect to keep up," Donghyuck whispered from my right, a smirk plastered irritatingly on his face. He made it look like that heated exchange yesterday didn't take place at all. I rolled my eyes and intended to rebut, but another voice stopped me.

"You should know best to ignore him by now," Youn raised from my left, "I can't believe you thought of replying."

I felt a glare shooting past my vision, followed by a smirk from the other side. Great, I'm stuck between then again.

"Everyone on the ground, we'll start with mountain climbers," Coach Lee hollered as the sound of the speaker turning on echoed deafeningly around the gym. "Don't stop until you hear a buzzer."

With a press of a button, an automated countdown started and everyone got into position. I tightened my hairband and placed both hands on the mats, shoulder-width apart as my knees lifted off the ground in a push-up position.

*3, 2, 1, begin!*

I lifted up my knees to my chest as fast as I can, steadying my breathing with my pace. It wasn't long until the buzzer sounded and our coach yelled out loud, "Crunches!"

I flipped onto my back and started the set, exhaling out each time my elbows touched my knees. My heart was punching against my chest each time I took a breath, but I was too focused to even acknowledge it. Maybe I can take this.

Beep! "Russian twist!"

I stopped midway and began twisting to my sides, keeping my feet levitating off the ground. I was starting to feel the burn in my abs, but I pushed it away and tried to shift my attention to my motion.

Beep! "Push-ups!"

There was a short lag in my mind as I followed everyone into the push-up stance, beginning the workout with huge huffs of air. The time seemed to be passing slower as my muscles tensed up with each set. Keep it together, it's only the first set.

Beep! "Leg raises!"

I collapsed onto my back and pulled my legs perpendicular to the ground, before lowering them again. The ache in my lower abdomen was almost unbearable, and fighting the temptation to just drop my legs to the ground was torturing.

Beep beep! "First set done! Now take a 30-second break and we'll start the next."

I laid on the ground motionless, heaving deep breaths of air and letting them out slowly. Stitches started to form on my sides as I tried hard to subdue them, to which they went away eventually. A taunting voice raised on my right.

"Wow, you can't even take the first set? So weak..." he laughed out loud, but I dismissed his words like a gust of air. That's not going to faze me.