20- Liar

Kylo didn't stop flying for a single second. It didn't matter how many hours passed, how tired or hungry he grew, if he stopped his journey for even a moment it would break him. He could sense you, just about. Far away and weak, but something inside kept his ability to sense you, even if it was thousands of miles ahead of him. Maybe he was imagining it, your feeling in his mind, but he still followed it because it was all he had. If fate decided you two were to meet again, then you would. Kylo believed in destiny, and he believed his destiny was to be with you.

~~~~~~~~

Slowly, you adjusted to your cell. You didn't cry as much, but you still weren't happy. When meals came, you didn't bother to ask about where you were going, only ate your food and waited for the next time it was brought to you.

It was incredibly depressing, sitting in the damp, metallic box, picking at the floor and trying to imagine you were elsewhere. Back on Canto Bight, with Kylo, walking the luminescent streets and drinking until the sun rose again. You tried to remember what he felt like when he touched you, the way he had held your face so close to his in your quarters, his hushed tone. His voice without the modifier was beautiful, you thought, deep and rough, with a hint of undeniable mystery that you could get lost in. You wanted to feel him again, his warmth that would alleviate the coldness of your cell.

Eventually, you felt the ship lurch downwards, coming to a jagged, bumpy stop. You no linger heard the clanking of the engine, or the whirring of some piece of machinery or another. It was quiet.

Somebody came to collect you shortly afterwards, heaving you to your feet and dragging you out of the ship. You found yourself on  You a planet, once again on solid ground. You were in a forest, and the grass around you seemed so earthlike that you wanted to cry again. The greenery was beautiful, something you hadn't seen in so long. You wanted to explore, but you were soon taken inside of a building and deposited in another cell.

This one was nicer, with a block bed similar to the one you had on the Finalizer, but at least it was dry and there was no noise. You laid down and curled up the best you could, trying to think about your time in the Finalizer cell. That hadn't been fun either, but it had worked out in the end. Maybe this would be like that, but you doubted it because Kylo wasn't here this time.

However, you weren't given a lot of time to think about it, because a short while later your cell door was opening and a figure was standing in the doorway. It was an elderly lady, one with tray hair that was expertly held up as a crown around her head. She seemed kind, but stern as she looked down on you, 

"So you're the one that was staying with my son."

"Your son? You mean Kylo Ren?"

She shook her head, "My son's name is Ben Solo." She extended her hand, "Now, come with me."

This lady didn't drag you along, instead trusting you to walk beside her through a maze of corridors. These were much less professional than the ones on the ship, instead they seemed to have been built piecemeal as resources were gathered, jumbled together in a collective mess of hallways and rooms. You looked around, noting the orange jumpsuits that were commonly worn, the friendly demeanour of the people compared to the stoic, faceless troopers that you were normally subjected to. The lady was often greeted by any who passed her, they called her 'General Organa', but it wasn't a name you were familiar with. 

You were brought into a small, plain grey room. There was only a desk with two chairs either side of it. It reminded you of the interrogation rooms in police stations, and then you remembered Kylo's methods of interrogation. Would they do that to you too? Your hands reached for your temples, preparing for the pain to come,

"Sit down," The General ordered, and you did.

"Are you going to hurt me?" You asked, "I'll talk, you don't need to do that mind thing-"

"Mind thing? Oh dear, don't worry, we're not like the first order," Her smile was light hearted, but you still couldn't make yourself relax.

"You said you were Ben's mother, is that right?"

"Yes, but I haven't seen my son in a long time. You know him, don't you?"

"We met a while ago, he was taking me on a mission to find humans on Canto Bight."

General Organa raised an eyebrow, "Humans?"

"The people from Earth, where I'm from." You explained, "Apparently they made it to Canto Bight."

"I don't think that's quite true, we heard he was coming to Canto Bight in order to find us."

"Oh no, Kylo wouldn't lie to me- he'd never lie to me."

"I thought that too, but my son... he's not the person I thought he'd become."

You shook your head, "Kylo is a good guy, I know he is. Why would he be looking for you?"

"The resistance have been fighting the First Order for some time, and Ben is not above playing dirty. I'm sorry he dragged you into this mess."

"Kylo did not lie to me!" You could feel the room grow hotter, who did this woman think she was? Lying to you, making you question Kylo like this? You went to Canto Bight to find humans, not the Resistance! You stood up sharply, knocking the chair over as you rose to your feet,

"Sit down, come on, let's talk."

"Don't lie to me, Kylo Ren would never do this to me."

"I thought that too, but then one day he put on that mask and he never took it off."

"He takes it off all time with me, he shows me who he is- and he is not a liar."

General Organa wiped her brow, and her posture relaxed, "You will only be disappointed, why don't you just stay with us? The Resistance are always looking for new members."

"So that's why I'm here, so you can recruit me?" You crossed your arms, "Well, I'm staying with Kylo."

"I can't allow that to happen."

"Well then, I guess I'll just have to wait for Kylo to collect me."

"He won't be able to do that, he doesn't know where we are." She tilted her head, "But you know where he is, so maybe we could come to some sort of agreement."

"I'm not going to betray Kylo." Your voice was sharp, 

"Maybe you won't now, but once you learn who my son really is, you won't hesitate to help us stop him."