04- Taste of your own medicine

The medical room was very much like any hospital you had ever been in. It was a blinding white compared to the dim hallways, and the lights overhead hurt to look at. You sat down on a bed and watched as Kylo disappeared into another room connected to the one you were in. The medical room was very quiet, which made you feel uneasy- where was everyone? Surely people got injured a lot, judging by the fact that everyone was armed and the stormtroopers that walked around seemed to be soldiers of some kind. But there was nobody, and there wasn't a stain in sight, all clean and sparkling. You felt as if you were soiling the bed by sitting on it and you cringed at the sight of your slightly dirty footprints.

It was kind for Kylo Ren to take you, though. You would much rather be sat on a bed instead of the block in your cell, and the room reminded you of Earth, even if it was changed in some way or another. You wanted to lay down, but you heard the door opening and instead straightened your posture.

In came a robot, tall and square with a mouthpiece like a microphone. It followed Ren to you, and you recoiled at first before Kylo Ren spoke,

"The med-droid will help you, don't worry." He sat down in the armchair beside the bed and watched, leaning over with his elbows on his knees. You glanced over every part of the 'droid' and flinched when it's cold metal hand removed your shoe and grabbed you just above the ankle.

"It's sprained," Their voice was somewhat strange, and they seemed to have no concern for you as they wandered back into the other room.

"Are you alright?" Kylo asks,

"Why are you helping me?" You didn't trust him, his mask was constantly reminding you of the monster that he was,

"You think I'm doing this out of kindness? I need you, and you're no use to me injured."

"What- what do you need me for? I told you everything I know."

"I know, but I can't just send you home. We'll discuss this later, with my master."

"Your master?" You tried to imagine what he looked like under the mask, probably frowning, probably grotesque

"No more questions. Not yet." He looked towards the droid that had joined you once more, pushing a small trolley.

They held your leg again, pulling it up as high as it would go, using their other arm to wrap a bandage tightly around your ankle. Their movements were rough, but calculated and efficient. You felt Kylo's eyes on you as you winced in pain, the compression causing a dull throbbing.

"It's too late for ice, you should've come sooner. This will do, keep it elevated and try not to walk on it." They took the trolley back, leaving the two of you alone again.

You hated the silence between the droid leaving and Kylo speaking. He always waited, perhaps he knew it made you uncomfortable, sitting there- vulnerable and scared. You looked down at your bandaged ankle and then back at him,

"Does that feel better?"

"Not particularly," You shifted up the bed, resting against the wall in a more comfortable position.

"It will take a couple of weeks to heal, maybe more,"

"You said I wouldn't be able to go home, why not?" You were scared of his response, desperate to know but also wishing not to

"My master wanted you to be killed, I convinced him otherwise. But you can't leave, you'd tell someone what you saw."

"I promise not too, if you let me go I won't say a word."

"How can I assure that?"

You didn't have an answer, you knew Kylo was right. Your family and friends would want a reason for your disappearance, and you didn't have one besides the ship- not that they would believe you anyway. It's a shame you had left your phone at home that day, not knowing you would need it. You felt trapped, and your silence betrayed you.