☾ 10

It was the day of the festival

It was the day of the festival. Saebom High's yearly festival. Chaeyoung walked around with Jugyeong, looking at all the games and activities.

"I didn't know because I didn't come last year, but a festival is like this," stated Jugyeong, eyes filled with amazement.

Chaeyoung laughed. "It happens pretty much every year."

The girls received two heart-shaped balloons from a vendor as they passed by. Chaeyoung and Jugyeong shared a glance when they heard two other boys talk about them being their next girlfriends.

Jugyeong pulled out her phone, looking at her texts with Suho.

"Oh?" said Chaeyoung, peeking on the phone. "You and Suho?" She gave her friend a sly smile teasingly.

"N-No, it's not like that," she denied, making Chaeyoung laugh at her face.

"I ship it," she said, making Jugyeong turn red.

The girls stopped their talking after hearing some laughter and saw classmates pointing at someone.

"Gowoon!" said Jugyeong. Gowoon had makeup plastered on her face, making Chaeyoung cringe.

They rushed over to her and pulled her away from the crowd. Eventually, they found an empty classroom and decided to use it.

Jugyeong started to redo Gowoon's makeup and it was amazing. Chaeyoung tried to help as much as she could, but she didn't have as much experience as Jugyeong since she didn't wear as much makeup on a daily basis.

"Woah, Jugyeong, you really know your stuff," commented Chaeyoung, looking at the finished product.

"Thanks, Chae," replied Jugyeong.

After they had finished giving Gowoon a makeover they rushed to go and take their seats in the auditorium for the performances.

"You came? Have fun," said Juyoung after seeing his older sister. He was sitting in a row with two of his other friends.

"Hi, Juyoung!" greeted Chaeyoung, popping her head out from behind Jugyeong.

"Chaeyoung noona!" Juyoung smiled at the girl and pushed his sister to see her better. She waved and sat down next to Jugyeong who then took her seat by her brother.

"Hi," said Chaeyoung, nodding to Juyoung's friends beside him.

"They're so pretty," one of them whispered.

"Only one of them really is," replied Juyoung.

Jugyeong rolled her eyes at her brother's response. What a brat, she thought.

"Unnies!" shouted Gowoon after her performance had finished. They were already outside the auditorium, waiting for her.

"You were amazing," Chaeyoung complimented, giving the younger girl a hug. Jugyeong nodded in agreement.

"Thank you unnies," she said. "Oppa!"

Chaeyoung and Jugyeong turned slightly only to see Seojun walking over. Oppa? thought Chaeyoung. He walked over giving the flowers to Gowoon.

"Han Seojun?" said Jugyeong, looking at him shocked.

"You guys know each other?" he asked looking at us.

"You know my brother?" asked Gowoon.

"Oppa? You mean biological brother?" questioned Chaeyoung.

"Jugyeong! Help me," said Sua, coming out of nowhere. "Kang Su suddenly said she can't come. I need you."

"Oh, okay," agreed Jugyeong. "Gowoon, Chaeyoung I'll see you later."

Sua pulled Jugyeong away presumably for the basketball game later. But Sua and Soojin were supposed to be the mascots but it seemed like Soojin was a no show.

"How do you know each other?" asked Seojun, looking at his sister.

"They helped me out and they even did my makeup for me today," explained Gowoon.

"Yeah, but it was mostly Jugyeong," said Chaeyoung, shaking her hand.

"Jugyeong did most of my makeup, but you helped me out from some trouble," said Gowoon.

"Trouble?" asked Seojun.

"Aish, I don't wanna talk about it." Gowoon looked at the two, a question popping into her head a second later. "But wait, how do you two know each other?"

"Oh, we're classmates," Chaeyoung answered. Gowoon nodded slowly.

"Just classmates?" she asked, the idea of Chaeyoung and her older brother being together seemed to fit for some reason.

Both Seojun and Chaeyoung became flustered at her question.

"Of course just classmates," said Seojun. Gowoon made a face, clearly not believing them because of the way they reacted just now.

"Okay, whatever you say."

"Oh, it's almost time for the basketball game," Chaeyoung pointed out, checking the time.

"We should go then," said Seojun. Chaeyoung nodded.

"Bye Gowoon!" smiled Chaeyoung before getting dragged away by Seojun who had his hand on her wrist.

They went to the gym, Seojun still holding onto her wrist.

"You can let me go now," said Chaeyoung.

"O-oh." Seojun quickly let go of her and walked onto the court to meet with his other teammates.

Chaeyoung walked over to the stands where she saw Chorong and some of the others in cheerleading outfits for Seojun.

When she went over she saw Sua, Soojin, and who she assumed was Jugyeong.

"Soojin?" asked Chaeyoung, "I thought you couldn't come."

"I skipped private tutoring," she answered.

The girls turned their attention back to the game that had just started.

Chaeyoung had left the festival early, due to feeling a bit more tired than usual.

"What's wrong with me?" she asked herself. She poured herself a glass of water, taking some of her meds before lying down in her bed.

"I'll just close my eyes for a little bit..." she trailed off, before passing out.