☾ 18

Chaeyoung sat up from her head, hearing the front door open and close

Chaeyoung sat up from her head, hearing the front door open and close. She peeked through her door and saw him head towards the bathroom. The girl sighed in relief. She closed her bedroom door and sat back on her bed. She picked up the file that laid still on her sheets.

She opened the file, reading its contents. It was her medical file. Or at least her most recent updates.

She quietly read through them, realizing it was the same old things she had always heard. Looking for a transplant...health is declining..along many other lines.

Chaeyoung's ears perked up when she heard the hairdryer and light mumbling. The young girl quickly stashed away the files into her bedside table before walking out to where Suho was.

She leaned on the door as he looked into the mirror practicing his lines.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" he practiced. "Let's go on a date! Do you wanna go on a date? Do you want to watch a movie with me? Let's watch a movie!"

Chaeyoung stifled her laughter as he hadn't noticed her presence.

"Suho?" asked Chaeyoung, covering her large smile. "What are you doing?" The girl had felt her mood lift up as she watched him turn around.

The boy turned around, facing his roommate.

"Are you thinking about asking out Jugyeong?" she asked.

Suho gave a shocked look. "H-how did you.."

"It's obvious," she replied, standing up and leaving to get a glass of water. She heard the boy mumble to himself and continued to dry his hair.

Two days passed and the two roommates now sat in the comic store. Chaeyoung was sipping on her boba tea as Suho called Jugyeong.

"Are you with Han Seojun?" asked Suho after a few minutes of the two talking. Chaeyoung almost immediately looked up to meet eyes with Suho. Chaeyoung gave a sheepish smile and looked back at her boba, hardly containing her smile. Suho put his phone down after the call ended.

"Let's go," he said after some thinking. Suho pulled the girl up to her feet, dragging her towards the bus stop.

Chaeyoung held onto her boba as it was still pretty full. The girl followed Suho as they made it to the mall. Suho's hand was still holding Chaeyoung's wrist as he walked towards the elevator. Just as the elevator was about to close he shoved his hand through, opening the door.

Chaeyoung looked up from her boba, meeting eyes with Seojun and Jugyeong, both of which were shocked at their appearance.

"What are you doing here?" asked Jugyeong. Seojun's eyes slowly traveled down from Chaeyoung's surprised face to Suho's grip on her. Chaeyoung noticed and pulled her arm away.

"Let's go," said Suho, walking into the elevator, making Chaeyoung subconsciously step in. Before Suho could pull Jugyeong away, Seojun stepped up grabbing Jugyeong's other arm.

Chaeyoung's tiny smile diminished at the sight of it. Her eyes averted Jugyeong's and went down to her drink that was now half full.

"Where are you going? We're not on the first floor yet?" protested Seojun. The two boys had a staring contest while Jugyeong stood in the middle with Chaeyoung off to the side.

Somehow the other three made it into the elevator, still holding Jugyeong. A large crash was heard as the elevator started moving, shaking the box.

"What's that?" asked Jugyeong, panicking. "I think the elevator is stuck!" Chaeyoung sighed, sliding down the elevator wall to sit, tired of the trio's antics.

Chaeyoung covered her head, tired of their arguing. Before Chaeyoung could say anything, Jugyeong had already started expressing her anger and annoyance. Jugyeong started to panic, needing to use the restroom.

The elevator doors opened halfway and Jugyeong jumped her way out rushing to the bathroom.

"Chaeyoung?" asked Seojun, offering a hand to the girl. She hesitantly accepted it, her tea still in her hand.

Both Suho and Seojun tried to help her up, their rivalry apparent. The girl sighed and pushed herself up with the help of the workers. The girl walked away, urgent to get away. She stood by the street, waiting for a cab.

She turned around to see if Suho or Seojun were out yet, only to see them staring at Jugyeong who talked to the baseball player who was courting her. She huffed, getting into the cab and driving away.