☾ 28

Time had passed since the accident and everyone was missing a certain sunshine in their life

Time had passed since the accident and everyone was missing a certain sunshine in their life. Everyone was on edge, worrying for Chaeyoung's life, yet they still had to continue on.

Jugyeong had gotten a new job, Suho and Jugyeong were spending more time together, Suho and Seojun having dinner at Jugyeong's house, Seojun and Jugyeong's photoshoot together being exposed, Soojin fighting for Suho, even Suho and Seojun being in a car accident and Lee Juheon retired, but Chaeyoung was still in a coma.

Of course, the three of them would visit her when they could but some of them couldn't bare to see her in her condition, so they decided to distract themselves instead.

Jugyeong would come to the hospital to visit and rant to the unconscious girl about her and Suho's relationship, Suho would come and go to talk to her doctor, and Seojun would just sit there and watch over her. Most days he would sit by her bed and stay by her side.

"You know, sometimes I really just can't understand how you get yourself into these situations," he said, sitting in the chair facing her bed. "You always seem so happy and bright, I've never seen you so quiet and peaceful. Dr. Kim said he's still not sure when you'll wake up, or um, if you will. Apparently the only way you'll fully recover is if you get your heart transplant."

Seojun put his head down for a moment, getting emotional for what felt like the hundredth time since the accident. "I was going to plan this whole thing for what I'm about to say and I'm not even sure if you can hear me right now. Jugyeong was going to help me plan this out but now I don't know when I'll even be able to say this to you again."

He held his breath, taking her hand in his. "I like you, I really really like you."

He paused, tearing up for a moment. "And I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to tell you this sooner. I promise you that the moment you wake up, I'll take you on the best date you've ever been on. We'll do whatever you want to do for the entire day, but you have to wake up in order for us to do so, okay? So please, come back to me soon."

Seojun stood up to leave, wiping his face dry, and went to leave the room, but not before turning his head to check on her one last time.

Unbeknownst to him, there was someone listening the entire time. Chaeyoung, who sat in the chair on the other side of the bed, had watched the entire confession, she herself crying at his words as he talked to her unconscious form.

Suho and Seojun were sitting in Chaeyoung's hospital room after reconciling about Seyeon's death. They sat opposite of each other with Chaeyoung's bed in the middle of them. It was silent until Seojun's breath hitched, him suddenly standing up and pointing at Chaeyoung, startling Suho.

Suho stood up along with him, "What?" he asked frantically looking to see what he was pointing at.

"Her hand," Seojun whispered in shock. "It moved." As if on queue, Chaeyoung's eyes fluttered open, making the two of them gasp.

"I'll go get Dr. Kim" said Suho, rushing out of the room.

Chaeyoung tried sitting up, her eye's adjusting to the room's brightness. Seojun quickly helped her sit up, and grabbed a glass of water for her to drink.

"Do you feel okay?" asked Seojun, sitting back down, looking at her as if he couldn't believe she was really awake. Chaeyoung nodded slowly, scanning the room for anyone else in sight, and then turned to the boy next to her.

"I accept," she said, confusing him.

"What are you talking abou-"

"Your confession, I accept it," she added.

"You, you could hear me the entire time?" he questioned, putting a hand over his mouth.

She nodded, "It was kind of weird, but yes." Before he could ask any more questions, Dr. Kim and Suho burst through the door, with a couple of nurses.

Suho and Seojun stepped aside in order for them to do a check up on her. Inside the room though, Dr. Kim interrogated her about how she was feeling.

"Does it hurt anywhere right now? You suffered from a mild concussion and a broken rib from the car accident, your heart wasn't helping either," said Dr. Kim.

"My chest still hurts and it feels harder to breathe," she answered, holding her chest.

"We'll run a few more tests, but you will be staying here to be monitored and will be on bedrest." Chaeyoung nodded.

"I won't be getting better will I?" asked Chaeyoung, eyes facing her bedsheets. Dr. Kim sighed before telling the nurses to wait outside. "It's okay, I already had a feeling."

"Don't say that," he said, putting his clipboard to the side.

"But it's true isn't it? We both know how hard it is to find the right heart for a transplant." The two stayed silent for a moment, Dr. Kim couldn't exactly deny that.

Outside the door, Jugyeong, Sua, Soojin, and Taehoon arrived after getting the news of Chaeyoung waking up. Her friends waited until Dr. Kim had given them the green light to go inside and they all rushed back in to talk to her.

The friends were all talkative, just catching Chaeyoung up about what had happened since the accident and while Chaeyoung seemed like the normal her, Seojun could see past her facade, something was wrong, he just knew it. 

sooo how are yall feeling about the book? i think i might end it soon, but i'm not sure if i should drag it out a bit more... also, off topic but would you guys read a Cheer Up book about Jin Sunho? i've been thinking about writing one but i'm not sure yet