☾ 31

It had been about a week since Moon Chaeyoung passed

It had been about a week since Moon Chaeyoung passed. It was the day of her service. Seojun sat in a corner, holding a polaroid of him and Chaeyoung, within the darkness of his own room. The only light coming from under the door to his room, as his mother and sister got ready.

Today would be the first time, since her death, that he would step foot outside of his home. Soon, a knock was heard. It was his sister.

"Seojun-oppa, it's time to go," she said, waiting for any response, before walking away. Seojun hadn't moved, continuing to stare at the picture.

It was a polaroid of them together. They were at the park. It was from their first and last date, ever. A small droplet hit the polaroid, he hadn't even noticed he was crying.

He wiped his face before standing up, stuffing the picture into his pocket. He was already dressed.

Seojun made his way to the door, hand hovering over the handle. He looked back to his desk, staring at the opened envelope on his desk.

It was the day after Chaeyoung had passed. When the news reached everyone, it was as if the entire world had shut down. Seojun's had. As did Suho, Jugyeong, Sua, Dr. Kim, and the rest of Saebom High.

Everyone's personal sunshine at Saebom was gone. And she wasn't coming back.

Dr. Kim had reached out to the select few that Chaeyoung wrote letters to, the week before she died. When Seojun got his, he broke down once again.

Seojun was at home when he opened it for the first time. The letter would later become stained with tears.

Dear Seojun,

You are the love of my life. And I'm sorry that I won't be there for the rest of yours. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to fight through it. I knew that this day would come, I had been preparing my entire life for this moment and I was happy. I was okay with living, knowing that I could be dead the next day. Until you came into my life. You made living, worth staying. You made me want to live to the next day, just so that I would be able to get a glimpse of you.

I love you, Han Seojun. I always will. I'm glad that you will be with me for my last moments. I'm happy that I was selfish, dating you knowing that I would be gone so soon.

Please do not ever think that we weren't meant to be, we just weren't meant to last. And don't let me and my death hold you back from moving on with your life.

Seojun couldn't keep reading. His vision became blurry with tears, his hand shaking uncontrollably as he tried to stop himself from sobbing out loud.

How can he move on if the love of his life was dead? How could she ask him, so easily, to move on from her?

Seojun was sitting at a table at Chaeyoung's funeral service. He stared through the opening of the room where her large picture sat, as people paid their respects.

Suho kneeled emotionless, barely acknowledging the people who gave their respects to them. His sister was gone. The person he grew up with and the only family he truly loved had left him.

Jugyeong was next to Suho, hand on his shoulder, as she comforted her boyfriend. She would bow her head to those who came and left the room, stealing glances at Seojun every now and then.

Chorong sat across from his best friend, wanting to comfort him, but not knowing how. Seeing as how Seojun was unresponsive to what Chorong would say, he resorted to just staying next to him, quietly, he himself mourning over the death of the girl.

Sua and Taehoon sat at another table, Sua silently crying over her best friend's death, while Taehoon comforted her, wiping his own eyes to try and stay composed for his girlfriend.

Soojin sat alone, remembering Chaeyoung's last words to her. Soojin had a new goal in life. It was to become a better person, the person that Chaeyoung thought she was. 

Guys this book is not finished yet! I still have like 2 or 3 more chapters to write okay! Please don't kill me for doing this :)

But as I'm saying this, is there any other last scenes you guys want to see? Also, I'd like to say thank you guys so much for reading this book! I really appreciate you guys for following along with this book for so long, even with all the inconsistent uploading