☾ 19

"Aish, what are you rushing for?" questioned Chaeyoung as she watched Suho run up the stairs of the baseball stadium

"Aish, what are you rushing for?" questioned Chaeyoung as she watched Suho run up the stairs of the baseball stadium. The boy had dragged her out of the house to a random baseball game. She followed after him as he tried calling someone. The girl huffed, crossing her arms. He quickly chased after someone and grabbed the girl's shoulder as did another hand.

The random girl turned around, confused. Chaeyoung sighed, following after Suho, apologizing to the girl. She turned, seeing that the other boy was none other than Seojun.

"Oh! Friends! It's nice to see you here," said Seojun, being half sarcastic.

"Why are you here?" asked Suho.

"I came to a baseball game to watch baseball. Would I be here to watch soccer?" replied Seojun, clearly lying.

"I thought you didn't like baseball?" asked Chaeyoung, looking up at him.

"I came to like it," he answered. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at him. She closed her eyes in irritation as the two boys began their usual banter.

Chaeyoung pushed past the two boys and sat down in a seat, the two following after her. The girl was unlucky, as one of them sat on either side of her. The game passed by quickly as Chaeyoung zoned in and out of the game.

All of a sudden, the two boys beside her jumped up and started hugging each other. The girl stifled her laugh and slid under them to let them have their moment. When they realized what they were doing the two quickly let go of each other, avoiding each other's gazes awkwardly.

As they started to leave, Suho asked Seojun a question.

"Did you have fun?" he asked.

"It was fun," answered Seojun.

"Yeah? It wasn't for me," replied Suho. Chaeyoung glared at him, he had practically dragged her out of the house only for him to say he didn't have fun. "I came just in case Lim Jugyeong came. I was nervous. That's why I came, but you came to watch baseball. Right?" Chaeyoung carefully looked into Seojun's eyes.

"Yes, that's right," he replied after a while. "Why ask twice? I'm going." Seojun turned to look at Chaeyoung, before turning away to leave since she wouldn't meet his eyes. She watched as Seojun stopped, walking back over again.

"Fine. To be honest, I came because I like Lim Jugyeong, not baseball," said Seojun. Chaeyoung felt a pang in her chest. "Is there a reason I can't do that?" She felt like she couldn't breathe. It felt like her world was crashing down on her. Her eyes water, turning away from the boys and quickly leaving.

His words. His words were on repeat in her head. She couldn't stop thinking about it. She slowly packed for the school field trip the next day.

When she finished she laid silently on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. Without realizing it, her eyes began to water.

"Aish, why am I crying right now?" she asked herself, harshly sitting up and wiping her face. "It's not my problem who he likes or not. Why does it matter to me?" Because I like him, she thought. She didn't have the heart to say it out loud even though no one would hear her. What's the point anyways? He likes Lim Jugyeong, not me.

Chaeyoung sluggishly looked at the meds in her hand. She glared at them, before taking them. She turned the lights off, hoping to take her mind off of him.