☾ 11

Chaeyoung looked down at her feet as she slowly walked

Chaeyoung looked down at her feet as she slowly walked. Suho was already ahead of her and up the stairs. She hadn't been feeling the best since last night and told herself to go to Younghoon and visit him.

Jugyeong spotted her and called her name. She looked up and forced herself to smile at her.

Just as she was going to walk to her friend someone stepped in front of her.

"Huh?" Han Seojun stepped right in front of her, blocking her way. "Are you going to tease me by saying you'll listen to whatever I say?"

"No, that's not it," he answered, scratching the back of his head. As if no queue a ton of his friends came running around the corner making noise. "I'll only listen to you," he said, seeming panicked by his friends.

"You said you weren't going to say it. Are you joking?" she questioned, looking up at him. "If you keep messing with me at school, I'll deal with you myself." She pushed past him, not sparing him another glance.

Seojun glared at his friends for getting in his way, but they continued to tease him anyway. He sighed, watching the girl's retreating figure, a small and unfamiliar feeling settling into his stomach.

"Moon Chaeyoung," said Mr. Han. He was giving their test scores and rankings back. Chaeyoung stood up and went to grab the small paper.

Rank #2 of the entire class. Suho, as always, beating her for #1. She continued staring at the paper, the tiredness she felt since this morning still lingering.

She listened as the whole class groaned at Mr. Han's cheesy quote. When their teacher started talking about parent conferences, Chaeyoung looked to Suho. Since Suho's father was technically her legal guardian, ever since her parents passed, he would be coming to the conferences, but he's never gone to one.

Suho and Chaeyoung sat at one of the cafeteria tables to eat. Well, only one of them was eating. The other was laying her head down on the table to get more sleep since she's been tired the whole day.

"Lee Suho, Moon Chaeyoung, Lee Suho, Moon Chaeyoung," chanted Taehoon, walking over to them.

"What?" said Suho, looking to the boy who sat next to him.

"Ah seriously, why are you like this?" asked Taehoon. "We really burn up the court together. We're an NBA-level combination. Like Stephen Curry and-"

"Be quiet," groaned Chaeyoung, turning her head from the table to face Taehoon.

"Hey, Lee Suho! Your dad is Lee Juheon? And Moon Chaeyoung, you're his niece?" exclaimed Ahn Hyungyu, making Chaeyoung shoot up from her seat. "People said they saw him in front of the counseling room. Wow, Lee Suho, Moon Chaeyoung! That's amazing."