☾ 13

Chaeyoung walked into the store spotting Suho who seemed like he just walked in himself

"Suho!" she said, walking over to him. He opened his mouth to speak before a woman walked in and started shouting.

"Im Jugyeong! You're here reading comics instead of studying, aren't you?" shouted the woman.

"Mrs. Im..?" asked Chaeyoung, tilting her head.

"Oh my goodness! Chaeyoung, Suho?" she said, turning to the students.

"What's gotten into you?" asked the comic book store owner.

The next thing the pair knew, Jugyeong's mother was practically dragging them to go have dinner at their house.

"Mom, I'm home," said Jugyeong, walking through the door.

"Welcome home, sweetie," said her mother. Jugyeong turned around as she took off her socks only to see Suho and Chaeyoung standing next to her mother.

"Mom..is that Lee Suho and Chaeyoung standing next to you?" she asked, freezing in her spot.

"Of course it's them. Did you think they were a statue or something?" laughed her mother.

Chaeyoung smiled and excitedly waved at her friend. Meanwhile, Suho just stood still staring at Jugyeong.

Jugyeong bolted up to her room in embarrassment.

A few minutes later, the two guests awkwardly sat on the couch as Juyoung and Mr. Lim stared at them.

"Suho, are you closer to my Jugyeong in a romantic or platonic way?" asked Mr. Lim. Chaeyoung stifled a laugh at the question, knowing what Suho's feelings were.

"We're not close at all! No closeness whatsoever," claimed Jugyeong, walking over to us, changed out of her uniform. "Why would you ask that dad?"

"Is that so? Then, Suho, I hope that you will keep things that way in the future," laughed her father.

"Don't you have plans today?" asked Jugyeong, subtly gesturing to the door.

"Nope!" said Chaeyoung, sending a smile to the girl.

Juyoung dropped the slipper he was holding and the glare he held was replaced with heart eyes for the older girl.

"What are you talking about? Don't you guys have cram school today?" Jugyeong asked, holding a tight smile.

"What? Cram school?" asked Mrs. Lim, rushing over to us.

"We don't have classes today," answered Suho.

"That's right! You two must be starving, Suho, Chaeyoung," replied Mrs. Lim. "Honey? Can you set up the table with Juyoung? We're gonna feast like kings today."

Juyoung stood up, glaring at Suho once again.

"What are you doing? Sitting there like cold, stale coffee?" asked Juyoung. The two boys left to get the table, leaving Jugyeong, Chaeyoung, and her father.

Jugyeong quickly sat down next to Chaeyoung and leaned closer to her.

"Why are you guys here?" she whispered.

"Your mom saw Suho and I at the comic store by your house," answered Chaeyoung. "I think she was looking for you."

Jugyeong looked at the innocent look on Chaeyoung's face and sighed. How could she stay mad at her?

Minutes later, the boys had brought the table down to set it up. Only, Suho broke one of the legs of the table, making the family go into shock.

"This table is one of the first furnishings I bought as a married woman," said Mrs. Lim in disbelief.

"I apologize," said Suho.

"What for?" asked Mrs. Lim. "I can't get married again but I can buy a new table, sure!" She then forced a laugh, making Suho and Chaeyoung turn to each other.

The problem was eventually solved and they continued dinner. Jugyeong's mom had continued to diss her daughter's grades and Juyoung had asked about Suho's jacket and in the end, Suho had just let the younger boy keep it.

"Hyung, do you have a younger sibling?" asked Juyoung, leaning forward.

"Not really, only Chaeyoung who is basically my unbiological sister," answered Suho.

"Okay...then can I be your guys' younger brother? I hate being her brother," asked Juyoung.

As they continued to eat they heard the door being opened and a loud groan followed. They turned only to see Jugyeong's older sister drunk. The family laughed awkwardly wanting to ignore the elder, but instead, she made herself even more present by tripping over a cord making all the lights go out.

The entire family started getting up to try and turn on the lights. Jugyeong had reached her phone and turned on her flashlight only to see her father, mother, and brother lying on top of Suho, Chaeyoung sitting next to her drunk, elder sister who was eating the food on the table.

Jugyeong stared in shock, completely embarrassed of her family.

After the "little" incident, Jugyeong had walked the two out. Chaeyoung smiled mischievously before leaving her two friends together to say their goodbyes.