☾ 26

Rumor went around that Jugyeong had gotten a boyfriend

Rumor went around that Jugyeong had gotten a boyfriend. And Chaeyoung knew exactly who it was, but had promised to keep it a secret for the sake of Suho and Jugyeong.

"Im Ju, Im Ju! You got a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me?" exclaimed Sua when Jugyeong finally showed up for school. "What school does he go to? Not our school right? Tell me!"

"Who says so?" asked Jugyeong, confused as to why the whole class suddenly knows the existence of her boyfriend. Sua pointed to two boys in their classroom who tried to explain themselves.

Chaeyoung, who sat in her seat, grinned at the scene, turning to Suho while Jugyeong tried to deny the claims. "Boyfriend huh?" she asked, while he just glared at her in response. She turned back around to look at Seojun who was just a few seats away to see his reaction.

Her happy grin turned back into a frown after seeing how irritated he looked as he stared at Jugyeong. Ah, that's right, he likes Jugyeong. He must be sad...

She faced the front to talk to Jugyeong and Sua, missing Seojun, who turned his gaze to her. Sua continued to pester Jugyeong about her unknown boyfriend, and when Jugyeong turned her head, she made eye contact with Chaeyoung.

L"Are you okay?" she mouthed since Sua was still talking. Jugyeong gave her friend a small pout and nodded before turning back to Sua. All of a sudden, Seojun yelled out, making the entire class silent.

"Go back to your seats," he said, teeth clenched, making everyone scatter away from him. Chaeyoung watched him as he sat silently. She continued to stare even when he made direct eye contact with her, making him feel nervous under her gaze.

"You okay?" she mouthed, this time to Seojun. Seojun nodded at her, giving the girl a small smile.

It was break time, and Chaeyoung decided to go get a drink. Holding her precious peach drink, she watched Seojun walk out of the classroom alone.

"Seojun!" she called out, making him start to walk in her direction.

"What's up?" he asked, wondering why she had suddenly called him over. She looked around, deciding that he probably wouldn't want to talk about his feelings for Jugyeong by a bunch of people. She pulled his arm and started walking away from their classroom.

"Let's go," she said, pulling him along. He was silent and looked down at her holding his arm, making him smile at her. Just her touch made him feel happy.

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean, I know that you like Jugyeong and all, so hearing that she suddenly has a boyfriend must be shocking for you," she started to ramble. "But I mean, I understand if you don't want to talk about it yet or at all since you must be sad -"

"It's okay," he cut her rambling off but smiled, finding it cute. "I'll get over it."

"O-oh, okay then. I just wanted to check on you," she said, because I hate seeing you sad, "We should get back to class."