☾ 17

Chaeyoung sluggishly rubbed her eyes as she sat at her desk

Chaeyoung sluggishly rubbed her eyes as she sat at her desk. Her eyes were still a bit red and puffy from crying the night before, but thankfully no one else had noticed. She looked down at her test grade, 2nd place after Suho.

"Hey, Im Jugyeong, what'd you get? Let's see," said Seojun, as he walked down the rows of desks. Chaeyoung watched them from the side as he playfully teased her about her scores.

She felt her chest tighten at the scene. She looked down at her paper, putting it into her backpack.

What's the point of studying if I'm probably not even gonna be here next year? she thought, resting her head in her arms.

Little did she know, Seojun was quietly watching her from his desk in the back, a hint of a smile on his face.

The teenage girl groaned as she sat up. She had fallen asleep during their break time but had woken up due to the loud squeals and gasps from her classmates.

She looked around the room, making eye contact with Seojun, who had also looked like he just woke up. Chaeyoung quickly averted her eyes from the said boy and noticed an unfamiliar male in their classroom standing over Jugyeong's desk.

She watched as they conversed before she noticed Seojun's reaction to his words.

"Oh, Im Jugyeong, you're quite popular. There was recently a huge rumor that we were dating. You can't do this so suddenly without giving any break term," said Seojun, who had stood up and walked to Jugyeong's desk as well.

Chaeyoung watched him, her chest starting to hurt as he said those words.

"You don't have much consideration towards your previous boyfriend," he continued. Chaeyoung's tiny smile had completely diminished from her face.

Did Seojun like Jugyeong? Did she like Seojun?

The principal had walked into the classroom breaking up the crowd in the classroom. Chaeyoung had taken that as a chance to get out of the classroom.

Without knowing, she had made her way to the courtyard, bumping into Suho who seemed to have just rejected a girl.

"Chaeyoung?" he asked, grabbing her attention. "Are you okay?"

That single question had brought tears to her eyes. She felt overwhelmed. School, her health, Suho, Seojun, Jugyeong, and the rest of her friends.

"No," she said, her voice breaking. Suho noticed her tears and quickly hugged her. Chaeyoung cried into Suho's shoulder as he brought them to a more secluded place, away from wandering eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked, once she had calmed down a bit.

"So, so many things," she whispered, afraid that she would break into tears again if she had said anything else.

"Like what?" he asked, wanting her to open up for him. She shook her head, not wanting to say anything. He frowned. Since the day they met, Chaeyoung had always been the one there for him. She would open up from time to time, but it feels like it had always been her helping him with his problems. This time, he wanted it to be different.

"I'm okay now," she whispered, "We should get back to class." Chaeyoung stood up, wiping her eyes, before putting on a smile.

Suho frowned, knowing well that that smile was fake.

Chaeyoung ignored the look on his face and turned around, ready to head back to class as if nothing had happened. She turned her head, smiling at the boy.

"Aren't you coming?"