☾ 22

"Ah, Chaeyoung, aren't you hungry?" asked Sua

"Ah, Chaeyoung, aren't you hungry?" asked Sua. Chaeyoung was currently sitting with the rest of the girls, doing all the grilling at the table.

"I'm okay, I ate enough," she answered. Truth was, Chaeyoung hasn't been having much of an appetite since she had gotten her new medicine. "Watching you guys eat makes me full enough."

The next day the group was playing with the lie detector. Sihyun had quickly asked Suho if he had a first kiss, making him pause. Since he didn't answer in time they started hitting him with the toy hammer.

"Love or friendship?" asked Suho to Seojun.

"Love," he answered, looking straight into Suho's eyes. The lie detector beeped, meaning he was telling the truth. "I'm handsome right?" Seojun asked Soojin.

"Yeah," she replied heartlessly, making the detector shock her.

"You like someone here?" asked Soojin to Chaeyoung.

"No," she lied. The buzzer shocked her, making the group ooh at her.

"Who is it?" asked Sua, as the rest of the group hit her with the hammers.

"No one!" she insisted, her face turning red as she made eye contact with Seojun. "It's no one."

Later that night Chaeyoung was outside aimlessly walking around the campsite.

"Moon Chaeyoung!" called Chorong. She turned. He and his other friends walked towards her with flashlights on their heads.

"Oh, Chorong," she replied.

"Want to come with us? We're going to go into the forest to find the ghost lady," he said.

"Ah..it's ok-" she started before Seojun walked up to the group.

"What are you up to this time, Chorong?" asked Seojun, hands in his pockets.

"There's a ghost at the well," he said, "if I film the horror experience and upload it on Youtube, wouldn't it get so many views? Come with us?"

"We don't want to. Go ahead," replied Seojun, answering for the girl beside him.

"Han Seojun, you must be afraid of ghosts," teased Chorong.

Seojun faked a laugh before asking, "Where is the well?"

"Over there!" pointed Chorong. Immediately, Seojun grabbed Chaeyoung's wrist and dragged her with them as he led the way.

"Ah, wait," she protested, trying to pull away. She wasn't trying to see any ghosts any time soon.

"It's okay, I'll protect you, don't worry," he said, leaning down to her height. He turned back around and led the group towards the forest trail.

Chaeyoung felt her face flush red and her heart beated faster.

As the group walked down the path, Chorong suddenly screamed, scaring most of them, Chaeyoung included. The girl flinched from his loud voice, clutching onto Seojun's arm that had previously been holding hers. Seojun looked down to the girl, who was anxiously looking around.

"Don't freak out. It's nothing," said Seojun, somewhat annoyed with the boys. The pair stopped as Seojun bent down to tie his shoe. "What is he saying is in here?" asked Seojun. Chaeyoung watched the boy tie his shoe as he stood back up.

"Oh? Where did they go?" asked Chaeyoung, noticing that the boys were out of their sight. Seojun looked around before grabbing the girl's arm yet again, walking towards where the boys should have headed. All of a sudden the pair hear a loud scream and footsteps.

"Hey, Kim Chorong!" yelled Seojun, as they walked down towards the well area. "The well is here. Where'd they go?"

Chaeyoung looks up, seeing a figure in all white in the tree by the well. She lets out a small scream and runs behind Seojun, moving into a crouching position. The boy looks up and notices the figure as well, as the lady jumps down and starts running towards them.

Seojun looks at her in shock and turns around, kneeling, wrapping his arms around Chaeyoung. The ghost runs past them and up the trail.

A few minutes after, the two both look up from their position, seeing that the ghost was gone. Realizing their position, the two blush and move away from each other, avoiding eye contact.

"We should, uh, head back to camp now," stuttered Seojun, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"Mhm," she replied, not being able to form words. The two slowly walk up the trail together, subconsciously moving closer to each other.

A small rustle was heard and Chaeyoung flinched back, holding onto Seojun's arm in defense. After seeing a small squirrel scurry up the tree, Chaeyoung felt embarrassed by her actions.

"Sorry," she said, starting to let go of his arm. Seojun grabbed her hand, shocking them both, and placed it back where it was.

"It's okay," he replied, continuing to walk up the trail, pulling her along too. The pair looked away from each other, both of their faces bright red at their actions.

Eventually, they made it back and Seojun dropped her off at her tent.

"Goodnight," she said.

"Goodnight." With that, she headed into her tent and laid down. She turned to her side, feeling her face. It was warm.

My hands are just cold, that's all, she thought, closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. Her head continued to repeat the scene of Seojun letting her hold onto him as she smiled in her sleep.

Seojun walked back to his tent, face still flushed.

I think I like Moon Chaeyoung, he realized.