Welcome Back! (Prologue)

Light was the first thing he saw-it was what woke him up actually.

Pale fingers covered closed eyes with a groan.

"Piss off ya bloody big star, five more minutes wouldn't've hurt anyone..."

Chirping came from nearby.

"Oh hush up you!"
A messy head of gold rose over his chest, lightly straining his neck from the unnatural position.
"Course you'd agree with it. Feathery little traitor."

He let gravity take back hold of his head, falling on the pillow with a soft thump.

Brown hues examined the ceiling quite absentmindedly.

He was counting the days before he was forcibly sucked back into the headache that was school life.

Before he once again was stuck with nosy kids and tiresome teachers.

Summer was ending and that only meant one thing.

Any day now he would receive his second letter for his admission for Hogwarts.

Young features narrowed with annoyance.

This Earth brought him far more trouble than he had expected.
More questions than he had answers to-and he's been in the game long enough to realize that he probably wouldn't even get close to figuring out half of them.

He squinted a little as the sun rose a little higher over the sky, teetering over rooftops and telling their residents to 'wake up!'

John sighed with frustration, reluctantly pulling up and off the covers.

He was slow in getting up, taking his time to allow himself to adapt to now being upright.

The mage ran a hand through dirty blond strands as he stood, making his way towards his closet.

He pulled out a white shirt, some pants, and a black tie from his assortments, his beige coat hung up at the door.

John and Tristan had moved locations since their residency within the Leaky Cauldron; it was a relatively small house their ministry's child protection service or whatever they were called had issued for cases like him.

Just big enough for two.

He lazily wrapped the tie around an unbuttoned collar.

Fair enough, he supposed, if one would looked at it from another's perspective.

For the majority of the following year-neither one of them would be around.

Klaus was back to whatever temp shit he was dished out-while John was back to the books.

He unlocked Astra's cage, letting her fly through the door and out the opened window, doing as she pleased.

His girl grew up nicely.

She was huge compared to when he first picked her up in Diagon Alley.
Her feathers smooth and sleek.

John placed his foot on his desk chair, tightly tying up each of his shoes.

He laid out some food in the owl's dish and took another look around his temporary place of living.

His bedrest was placed at the wall, in between the windows and door.
His meager desk was shoved into the corner, Astra's cage placed beside it.

His dresser by his bed's left while the bathroom door was to its right. A small closet located across that.

The space was around the size of his motel room beforehand, if not a smudge bigger.

Not a whole lot bigger though.

John's bags were practically packed already, seeing how he didn't own a whole lot here anyway.

He had been given clothes and a babysitter.

All that was missing was his list of shopping items.

Hopefully he'd still have a few days left...

John shook his head, sliding out the room and down the hall.

Tristan Klaus, in all his glory, sat at the dining table. A cup of coffee in one hand, the morning paper in the other.

In front of him was his half eaten breakfast, a simple plate of toast, eggs, and bacon.

The mage found his stomach growling and himself brighten a bit when he spotted his own plate.

As big as a pain in the ass the boy scout has been in the past few months-if there was one thing the kid was good at besides rule following and protocoling abiding-surprisingly it was cooking.

Klaus looked over his glasses at the movement.

"Ah, good morning Mr. Constantine. It is nice you see up at a respectable time."

Bite him.

"Your breakfast is still warm and it would've been a shame for it to've cooled. I was going to wake you soon if you hadn't shown but alas, here we are."

John shoveled a fork of eggs down his throat, resisting the temptation of rolling his eyes.

"But I do present some news that I think you will find most to your liking."

The blond watch rather dully as the auror flicked through the small pile of mail.

John felt his blood cool as he fished out an envelope.

"We shall leave for your belongs later in the week Mr. Constantine, congratulations on a another year of schooling."

He refused to let his eye twitch as he practically tore open the letter with dread.

Damn! Damn! Damn!
He jinxed it!
He always jinxed it!

To A Mr. John Constantine,

You have been accepted for a second year enrollment for the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

A listing of required objects needed for each class course as followed-

That damn demon should just get it over with.