Gossip Makes The World Go 'round

John could feel the stares-and he wasn't even on the receiving end of them...well...not most of them anyway.

Even though he wasn't sitting by the three Gryffindors that day, he was known by association.

The only Slytherin to talk to them freely.

A crossroads for both houses.

He sniffed, wiping at his nose with a sleeve, turning the page for McGonagall's book assignment to the best of his abilities.
He vision was a bit blurrier than usual.

And those poor kids have been made a petting-zoo attraction ever since the first day of Dueling Club.

Parseltongue.

That's what they called it.

The language of the snake.

The four had discussed it as soon at John could find a window of alone time.

Harry didn't even know how he spoke another language-and he was now stuck walking a mental tightrope trying to figure it all out without completely loosing it.

Now the entire school had something else to bother Harry Potter about.

It would've been bad enough just knowing that a classmate could talk to snakes like a second nature-but add in the pressure of something like an unknown threat paralyzing students, and a myth going around about it's 'apparent cause'-Harry was an easily made scapegoat whether on purpose or not.

He finished his homework earlier than expected, ignoring the skittish look passed to him by a glancing Hufflepuff.

John was the second best choice.

His Slytherin roots.
His Golden Trio association.
His envy inducing skill with magic(hard earned and trained, but they didn't exactly know that did they?).
And of course with a natural wandlessness placed under his belt-John honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was just as suspected to be the Heir of Slytherin as Draco and Harry were currently.

He placed his head in folded arms.

Just willing class to be over with already.

It had been a long ass few months, but the holidays had finally arrived-sending away majority of the school's population, and dropping down the classes to zero.

The four were sat at a table, eating dinner as they went over the mage's findings.

"-*cough cough*-aside from snobbish remarks and the social skills of 5 year olds-clean as a whistle. Every-*cough*-every one of 'em."

Disbelief crossed their faces.

"Even Malfoy?!"

John nodded, gulping down his goblet of cold water.

"Especially Malfoy. I spent my due-time with every one of 'em-especially Draco as per requested."
He ignored the stuffy way his voice sounded.
"Stayed up late every night without so much as a peep in the dark. Even when I wasn't up to snoop, I placed down a ward or three around the place-nobody came in or out without my knowing so."

The mage ran a hand through dirty blond locks.

"As much as a prat and an absolute bully the bloke can be-he's innocent."

"And you're sure? Every single one of them?"
Hermione urged.

John nodded, regretting the action immediately.