Goldie-Lock

John pinched the ridge of his nose for two reasons.

No.

More like...

4.

1. He was stuck in Lockhart's class.

He was stuck in Lockhart's class-and will be for the rest of time(or at least until a. He's kicked out for fraudulent behavior b. Secretly evil and John'll have 'no choice' but to kick his ass into next year((please be b, please be b, please be b-)) c. He either finds a way home, runs away, or graduates or finally d. Where John ends up killing the man himself)

2. He was sitting next to Draco.

No.

Correction.

He got there first, minding his own business when the bleached blond himself sauntered over as if he owned the joint.

Draco was sitting next to him.

3. Every double X chromosome currently in this class was fawning over a man who wasn't even present yet.

And 4. He was in Lockhart's class

John took to rubbing his eyes.

Truth be told...he didn't exactly know...why didn't like Lockhart.
At all.

John's dealt with a million blokes like him-and will continue to do so with a million+ more.

But why now?

While John didn't exactly feel the need to go all psychological-there was just something about the other that made him want to beat Lochhart to into a pulp.

Maybe because he was giving decent conmen a bad name?
Maybe because he was manipulating everyone in this school(including several friendly faces) with his make-believe bullcrap?
Maybe because he was misleading and ruining the education of further generations?

Or maybe John didn't even need a reason to despise the very guts keeping the other man currently functioning as a human being.

Anyways-it was a pick a choice sort of thing.

"-as our new Quidditch Seeker, I expect our team to win every match we play."

John re-opened blurry eyes, slightly turning to see Draco conversing with the Slytherins around them.

God he needed a distraction.

"Didn't know ya made the Quidditch team mate, 'ngrats an' all."
He elegantly mumbled, garnering the other blond's attention.

"Of course!"
He preened at the compliment from his usually silent peer.
"Only the best for Slytherin house-and nothing less."

There were a few notions of agreements.

As dangerous as the sport sounded-and looked-John could say that he was genuinely curious.

He didn't pay much attention to the news or scoreboards, nor did he go to many games last year-but he heard a bit of gossip thanks to being in a school with 'celebrities' and owning a working set of ears.

"Game any fun?"
He attempted neutral grounded conversation.
"Never played."

Draco raised a brow.
"Never?"

"Nope."
He popped the 'p' .

He received a slightly blank look.

"Of course Quidditch is 'fun'! It is the peak athletic competition and one of the only things Hogwarts is good for!"
Malfoy sounded quite sure.
"Should you come to our games for once, maybe then you will find what you are missing."