Shriek and Scream

John didn't recall what time he forced himself off the couch and upstairs. All that remained was the fact that he needed at least a few hours of sleep to survive the long school day ahead-and even more so with the unusual nature Malfoy displayed the night before that still left his ears ringing now.

As much as the mage would've liked to sleep and ignore his living, breathing problem-a habit both good and bad kept him waking up early when in a new environment. His forcibly awakened state that will only keep occurring until he adapted to sleeping there.

With not much else to do, the mage got up, got dressed, and brushed his teeth for the day.

And with the 'offer' Malfoy provided as well, John made sure he was up and out the doors in record time.

Even for him.

So here he was now: sipping at cold orange juice, and nibbling on warmed eggs.

Waiting for the inevitable to happen.

He couldn't just eat and leave for class, for none of them were going to begin for the another half an hour.

A clanking of plates and cups sounded around him, some more hesitant than others but present all the same.

Wordlessly, he began to chew that much faster.

"This year's gonna be a real downer. Who the hell wants to learn about plants?"

The ever so elegant: Crabbe.

"It's sad really, that we'll have herbology as a first hour class-with those Gryffindor idiots no less."

Boyle: the loyal, shadow.
(Ha! See what he did there?!-"

"Hmph! Not only will that class be tiresome, but I don't think I'll be able to stomach looking at their loathsome mugs this early in the morning either!"

Pansy: the mouth that never shuts up.

"Now, now-don't say any of that in front of the house traitor~ Who knows what he'll do if he catches any of us bad mouthing any of his friends in red."

The ever so blunt: Zabini.

"Hmm. I dont know Zabini...what do you have to say on the matter John?"

Ah yes, and the ever so manipulative, childish, and cowardly, puppet-pulling-along-pawn: Draco Malfoy.

Forcing him into conversation, aye?

Careful John.
You're in the bullies' territory now, and you can't be goin about this the wrong way.

He wanted them to bugger off.

'Cause 1.
Saying things like this to his face would've gotten most've them a firm hook to the jaw had they been adults.

And 2.
Not wanting to give into the blond's hand and say something that he'll later regret-he gave a sort've neutral answer.

"As long as they stay on their side I guess."

He received a few pensive looks and shrugs in between passed around glances, but they didn't seem to have the need of aggravating him further.

Huh...
Strange.

John quickly stuffed the rest of his food down his throat and swung back the last of his juice, taking his now empty plate away from the table along with himself with it.