Why did it have to be spiders?

John darted out the backdoor.

Harry and Ron went after him, Harry grabbing Hagrid's torch.
"Fang! Come on boy!"

Outside they watched as a small stream of spiders climbed down the wall and into the forest.

Harry looked at John, coming to the same realization.

"Ron! Let's go!"

The redhead startled, sputtering at the thought.
"Wh-what?!"

"You heard what Hagrid said!"
"'Follow the spiders', mate!"

"But they're heading into the Dark Forest-rgh! Why did it have to be SPIDERS?!"

"Come one, lad-you've played chess against a bloody castle for God's sake-arachnophobia is a bit of a hinderance at the moment!"

They continued on, ignoring Ron's sounds of protest as they raced to keep track of their given path.

The castle had disappeared from sight, the forest, night sky, and ominously thick fog leaving their sight range to a few yard maximum.

They startled when a rumbling sound cut through the air.

It sounded like...a car engine?

"Blimey, Harry, look! It's our car! It's been 'ere the whole time!"

A blue car was shoveled amongst rocks and roots. Sticks, leaves, moss and dirt littering the vehicle from top to bottom.
A vine has poked through the passenger side window.

"Wait-that's the infamous car you two blokes rode flew in?!"
A giddy feeling came up, the slight adrenaline rush he was currently experiencing making it akin to hysteria.

All three winced when high beams were turned off and on.

"It's looks like being out here for so long has turned it wild."

John rubbed his eyes, looking at Harry with spotted vision.
"You could call it that I suppose."

He was given a quick grin before the ebony reminded them to get back to their moving trail before they lose it.

Moving deeper in brought them to an undergrowth, and a large hole beneath it.

"Oh come on!"
Ron freaked as hundreds of spiders walked along the tunnel's walls.

Unfortunately, their path was still set.

John grimaced, not liking it either.

He wasn't necessarily afraid of spiders per say-but you wouldn't hear him complain if suddenly the Earth was void of them.

Harry, ever holding onto his brave face, rushed them in.

John shuddered, an unpleasant, skin crawling feeling running along his back, making him turn and pat down his clothes to give his mind dorm ease.

The last thing he wanted was them crawling all over him.

"I don't like this."
Ron whined, his voice wobbly.
"Not at all-can't we go back?"

"Hush, Ron. We've got to follow them!"

Harry's lamp and dim moonbeams were their only sources of light, making the spiders around them shadowy and clumped together.

"...you know, I'm positive I've had nightmares like this..."

Soon enough they reached an opening but a dead end-yet the sound of branches breaking told John that their venture wasn't for nought.