With Ease

"You will find a suitable partner and complete your potion before class ends. You already know what to expect seeing how you hadn't failed this class last year. I will expect you to be efficient and work diligently. If I catch you doing anything other than your work you can certainly expect to use your free time reorganizing my supply cabinets-do I make make myself clear?"

Heads nodded at their potion teacher, John didn't bother-seeming immune to his daily dose of threatening and all-around able to make people within a 30ft radius weary.

"I repeat. A single partner, with your potion done and presented on time before the end of class. Dismissed."

The blond sighed, tiredly scanning the room for another soul to share his pain(and work) with.

He wasn't sure whether to groan or cheer for the fact that there wasn't anyone left.

Seeing how there wasn't anything he could do on the matter, he simply got up and collected what he needed himself.

He flipped the thick-paged book to the correct contents, scanning the paragraphs to view and begin the first step.

Potion of Energizing
(With small dosage, one will receive an extent amount of energy and stamina)

Wizard energy drink.
Cool.

Fill goblet hallway with water-bring to boil.

Without a glance and a flick of his wrist, below the black pot the burner and stoke was set aflame.

Crush as followed:
-Williower's Strange Weed (2)
-Merrybrander Berry (5)

Cut & Dice as followed:
-Dittany Plant (3)
-Traveler's Root (1)
-Eye of Nymph (1)

Lower heat to medium blaze. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Pour into goblet. Stir continuously until moderate bubbling.

Add in (3) pinches of Glover's toughsoul-continuously stirring for 3 additional minutes.

John followed each step to the best of his nonchalant abilities, but with his own experience (and slight hobby) within the craft of potions, rituals, and other events of the occult-the mage could only be lazy about so much before he started to enjoy it.

He sprinkled in the last batch of toughsoul, never stopping the even motions of his hand as he turned and started to skim down the page for his next steps.

Strain (2) out firm ingredients-

"I thought I said to work with one of your peers, Mr. Constantine."

John looked up to find Snape slightly sneering down to him.

He smiled back innocently to him.
"Ya also said no more than three."
John did a fake look around the class of working students and pointed out.
"Odd number in."
Then to himself, smile still wide and sweet.
"Odd man out."

Snape really did sneer at him that time, making him snicker a little against his better judgment.

"Fortunately, despite the loss, you are doing well progressing just as fast on your own."
He observed the young snake.
"Your aptitude for potions and spells remains."

"Aptitude?"
He questioned.
"Mediocre? Fine-but surely not gifted, teach."

Well...that wasn't an entire lie...

"But don't you worry that head of yours, professor-I'll make sure that the potion'll be done before you can 'detention'!"

John received The Eyebrow of Doom...and an unexpected drip of something new.

"Shall I test this theory Mr. Constantine?"

The blond sputtered-unprepared that his potions teacher of all people was humoring...well...him.

Of all people.

"Oi!-that's cheating!"
He weakly rebuttled as began the motion of straining his potion-in-the-making.

With the action, he missed the other glance around the room before returning towards him once more-thin lips slightly twitched upwards.

"How so? I was merely testing the waters for examination."
Condescending bastar-
"I am a man of science Mr. Constantine."
Said the wizard, to the mage.
"You will do well in the future to think ahead and speak your words carefully. Do not say them unless you cannot be proven otherwise."

Leave it to him to turn light banter into a lecture-Christ he sounded like one of those parents...

John pouted rather dramatically, allowing his childish nature (new and old mind you) to take over as he skimmed over the next page.

"Gimme....10 more minutes teach, and we'll give my 'theory' another spin?"

He have him the biggest mega-watt grin he could muster, infused with every once of luck and charm he currently possessed.

To his surprise, the potion's master paused.

Seemingly taken-back a smudge as he examined him a little closer.

His head titled slightly, then his black eyes narrowed before stalking off to terrorize a partnered-up pair of Hufflepuffs.

"...we shall see..."

John let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding in. Snape had a rather uncomfortable gift of seeing right through him sometimes.

Lords knows what the other man found out from him.

Turned out-even with him soloing the two-person potion(he would admit that another set of hands would've come in handy when straining), he did in fact manage to finish in record time.

Earning him his marks for the day(from a potion he knew was good), and another look(holy shit was that pride he saw-) from the black haired menace himself.

John knew better than to give any of it much thought-quickly gathering his things and begrudgingly making his way to that moron Lockhart's class.

He silently prayed whatever God was paying attention to him for an ounce of shareable strength.

He was going to need it.