Ready, Set, Duel!

John steadied himself as another student pushed past him, moving to stand a close to the dueling stage as possible.

And risk being hit with a wandering spell casted by an inexperienced kid?

No thank you.

Their chattered fell their instructors had finally arrived.

"Gather around! Gather around!"
He wished he never joined this club, 'Malfoy spotting' or not. School danger or not.
"Can everybody see me well?"

Lockhart's face stretched with the pummel-asking smile, wearing some pretentious outfit akin to fencing fabric.

"Can you all hear me?"

And of course a fucking shoulder cape because why wouldn't he?

"In the light of darkened event of these recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start up a Dueling Club to train you to defend yourselves! "
He paced slowly from one end of the thin stage to the other.
"As I have done so on so many countless occasions, for full details-reference my published works-"
-oh the fucking nerve of this bastard-
"-I am more than qualified to guide you all."

He loosened his cape, throwing it to a fan-girling group of students that reached for it like bridesmaids at a wedding event bouquet toss-making him want to gag a little.

"Let me introduce my assistant!"
He showed a hand.
"Professor Snape!"

John felt his shit mood do a 180.

Oh.

Ok.

He could roll with this.

The blond damn near grinned as the grouchy individual in question rose himself up the minor staircase and on stage-hating every minute of it.

"He has sportingly agreed-"
-he forced down a snort-
"-to help me with a sort demonstration."

Were they going to-
"Now don't you worry! You'll still have your beloved Potion's Master once I am through with him~"
Oh please say it was so-

"Never fear."
He winked, both wizards drawing their wands.

They were!

John couldn't hold down the grin even if he wanted to.

Damn him for not grabbing front row seat! He'd downright kill for a splash zone viewing.

Both teachers met at the stage's middle, bringing up their wands and then shortly bowing, as if it were to substitute athletes shaking hands before competing.

They turned on their heels, each making their way to their designated end of the stage.

They stanced, anticipation filling the mage's veins no matter the outcome-he's get a certain amount of joy from the experience either way.

"One.

Two.

Three."

"Expelliaus!"
Snape's voice cut loud and clear, mere moments after the duel was declared.

Magic shot from his wand, extending across their arena platform and taking on a clearly unprepared Lockhart and sending him on his back.