Imperative Information

Deja vu was hitting John pretty hard as he tightly did his shoes.

One of the last times he snuck out from his dorm ended up turning into a fight between his peers and then later a 'superior'.

But he wasn't worried about that now.

Not only were him, Draco and most of Slytherin house on better terms(on how much, exactly, the sudden niceness towards him was genuine and not some plot his paranoia was sure was present-he wasn't sure), but John made sure to be better prepared this time.

Nothing like a nice little spell for better sleep.

A soft knock at the door altered him.

Bingo.

His quickly rose from a couch in the dorm's main sitting area, waving a hand to smother the dime flames he had summoned in the fireplace.

He opened the door to nothing-only for his conspirators to appear like magic.

He was a real comedian sometimes.

The mage hurried underneath the cloak, bringing up a hand.

"Lumos."
His palm lit up.

"Right on schedule, lads."
The blond grinned as they started to move.
"How were things on your end then?"

Harry shrugged to the best of his ability, his arms holding up part of the cloak making the action awkward.

"It was a little tricky. The school's got more hall monitors then ever."

Ron nodded.
"Filtch, Snape, and the rest of their lot are just itchin to catch a student outside their dorms."

"Then let's not give them the satisfaction, aye?"

Ron grinned at the thought of denying them it.

"How about you, John?"
Harry questioned as the turned a corner.
"You get out alright? Nobody saw you get the letter right?"

A scratch came from his dormitory door.

It was quite, but thankfully his roommates were downstairs complaining about how the school should've fixed the problems sooner instead of letting it get as bad as it had been.

He couldn't find it in himself to disagree.

The mage quickly leapt from his bed and over to the door, quietly opening it and letting in a snowy owl.

Harry's owl.

Harry's owl that's just played Mission Impossible.

They couldn't leave their dorms, so he sent his bird instead.

Clever little git.

John took the letter from the owl, watching it go as he told him to return to Harry quickly.

John,

We're going to question Hagrid.
Tonight. With Hermione down and Hogwarts not looking good, we can't put if off any longer.

Meet us by the Slytherin house door by 9.

Make sure no one sees the letter.

Harry & Ron.

John nodded, wiping soot off his pants.
"Yeah mate, it's taken care of."