Departure

"Ow."

John winced as the train whistle's familiar shrill drilled right through his eardrums.

With the clammer of many footsteps and an atmosphere surging with conversation, he couldn't help but feel a headache coming along already despite how early it currently was.

"Well Mr. Constantine, this is it! Your second year of Hogwarts about to begin!"

Hands pushed him by the shoulders, the voice having a slight shout to overcome the noise.

"While you are away, I will continue work as an auror."
Klaus looked him over, bitting his lip with a frown.
"Although you have been known to cause plenty of trouble...if you are experiencing any...difficulties...per say...I suppose that you can contact me if you must. As your assigned guardian until further notice, even if separated, you are still my responsibility."

He nodded, chin risen high as his Boy Scout complex overtook him.

"Uh huh."
He rose a brow.

The mage wanted to hurt something when the familiar shriek let itself known for the last time.

"Oh! That is the last whistle Mr. Constantine, it's time for your departure! Go! Go!"

The blond was rushed to an entrance, his bags as well as Astra taken from his person and moved to the back.

John shrugged and wondered off, knowing all to well that finding a decent seat would be impossible now-
"Oh! John! Over here!"

Brown hues blinked, thick, bushy locks coming into view along with a familiar face.

"'Ello, luv. Fancy meeting you here, and here I thought that you'd reckon to be riding with Ron and Harry by now."

Hermione Granger huffed as she lead him along the narrow train halls, an air of annoyance appearing with the mention of them.

"Yes well I was supposed to! I can't seem to find either one of them and the train will leave any minute now!"

They braced a hand on the walls as they felt the gears shift from under their feet.

More like any moment now it would seem.

She tossed a look over her shoulder, while her face expressed disapproval, her eyes told him of her deep concern.

"Who knows what trouble those two idiots will find themselves getting into without us there to tell them off."

John shook his head with a grin.

He was sure they were just fine on their own.

"Anything off the trolley, dears?"

"Uh, no ma'am, thanks."

Hermione declined as well, not one for too many sweets as the poor girl's parents were dentists.

And John?

Well, he just preferred cigarettes instead.

After the young witch persuaded him to change into his robes early, and as the booth's only occupants, all they had were one another for entertainment.

"-I hope that this year will be at least normal. Last thing we need is to butt-heads with another teacher coming after our necks."

But with his luck? Not a chance in hell.

Hermione laughed.
"I'm sure it'll turn out fine, John. And besides..."
Her cheeks took on a pinkish tone.
"Our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will be nothing short of brilliant."

John squinted, memory clicking into place.

"Wait-wait-you mean that blockhead LockHart?"

"Blockhead?!"
The witch straightened out, her mouth opening with offense.
"Gah-You sound just like Ronald!"

Her arms crossed defensively when John had a moment long internal battle whether or not agreeing with Ron was necessarily a good thing.

"You boys wouldn't know a talented auror if they walked right in front of you! Mr. LockHart has more than sufficient experience when it comes to dealing with the dark arts and I am honored to become one of his students!"

John felt his eye wanting to twitch, every fiber in his being simultaneously wanting to allow it to occur, yet prevent it from happening.

She was obviously star stricken.

Fallen prey to the plague of hero-worshiping that he's come to be aware of.

Granger had a bloody crush on the man!

"And is I were you, I would read up on his books for class as I have. While I know that you don't care, it will at least save you the trouble of scrambling up homework assignments and tests."

She had taken out a large, green textbook.

John narrowed his eyes, scowling once recalling where it came from, a bit disbelieving as he caught the book's installment number.

She was on the fourth book already?

He let out a sigh, leaning back in his booth and looking out the window.

Always one for surprises he supposed, but he really shouldn't've expected anything less.

Various fields and earthy terrain danced across his eyes, the sun overhead eliminating every with a natural glow.

He absentmindedly fiddled with his tie, pulling the green and silver cloth looser.

This'll be a long train ride.

I am so, SO SORRY for the delay.

Over the past few weeks now, I have been absolutely swamped with a capital S with housework and chores. This unexpected development has postponed every story of mine and has forced dozens of chapters for a later updating.

But there had finally been a glimmer of sun within the cloudy skies!

An opening in which I can resumed posting chapters until further notice.

(But do keep in mind that housework is an issue that will come up a bit during this year, my entire house is getting repainted and redone room by room and the process has been agonizing so far.)

So what does any good author(Christ your quite modest aren't ya-) do during a time like this?!

Make the most of it!

For a short period of time, until I have caught up with every chapter that has fallen behind so far-I will be doing my very best to post on Sundays, AND WEDNESDAYS starting on the 17th of November.

Again, I apologize for the wait, and I thank each and every one of you for your god-like patience.

Let the story get back on track!

Your author,
PopTartKiddo