003

After everyone has left she sat behind her desk going through some of her mail she had received. Two letters where from people she used to work with in the ministry wishing her good luck in her new job. Another one was from her friend Aidan lynch seeker for the urns quidditch team wishing her well in her job at hogwarts and also hinting that he wants her to come back to the team. The last one she ripped open the moment she saw it, it was from one of her best friends Charlie Weasley, she had met him while she was in Romania. They had gone to school together but when Charlie came to Hogwarts Olivia was in her fourth year, so they never talked. But they met again in Romania and became good friends. The letter said:

Dear Olivia

I just hear that your starting your new job for hogwarts. That's wonderful news, nothing new has been going on here, just the same old same old. Anyway how's falkor? Surprisingly I miss her, and you.
Do me a favour and keep an eye on my brothers for me, you can keep an eye on Ginny but she never really gets into much trouble, make sure to give them a detention from me, make sure to keep a close eye on Fred and George but knowing you, you'll probably egg them on.
Could you do me a favor? Please, please, please! Give Percy a detention or something and take a picture and send it to me. I would love to see his reaction.
Where's falkor staying? Surly she can't stay in your bedroom. I'm guessing she's staying in the forest.
You know Hagrid? He's the gamekeeper, he absolutely loves dragons, could you maybe show him falkor, I'm sure he would love that. Two years ago he hatched one of his own but we had to smuggle the dragon out as it's banned. Lucky falkor is allowed. Anyway make sure to keep me posted on everything that's happening in hogwarts.
Hope to see you soon,
Your best friend,
Charlie Weasley xx

Olivia smiled at the letter reading it over and over again. Surely she can't give Percy detention for nothing, thinking of his reaction made her laugh. She took out a quill and some parchment and began writing a letter to send back. It consisted of:

Dear Charlie

I was delighted to receive your letter. I do have to say that I miss you.
Falkors doing great she loved the long flight over here and i think she's enjoying herself  in the forest. I will definitely introduce Hagrid to her tomorrow, I had my first class with three of your brothers today, I decided to show them all falkor. It's safe to say they loved her. I can already see Fred and George being a hand full I highly doubt I will be able to give Percy a detention as he's seems even more stuck up than you described him. I really shouldn't be saying these things about them as they are now my students.
I can't believe I am a professor. I hate when they say "professor Anderson" it just sound so formal. Half the time I don't even respond, by accident of course it will just take some time of getting used to being called professor.
Hogwarts is different this year, because Sirius black is on the run. They have dementors stationed at every entrance and exit.
Anyway that's all that happened since I saw you last.
Make sure to keep me posted about everything happening over there. All the teachers here are old so it's hard to get a good chat out of them. I will be waiting on your next letter, I hope to see you soon,
Your best friend,
Olivia Anderson xx

Yes that was good. Olivia sealed it in an envelope and made her way up to the owlery to post it. As she entered the large tall room full with owls flying around. There was one other person. Neville longbottom. Neville notices that's she's there and says
"Ohh hello professor"
"Hello Neville" she says kindly
Olivia walks over to a school owl and start tying the letter to its leg.
"Emm professor?" Neville says taking small nervous steps towards her
"Yes Neville?"
"Well......you know that spell you where teaching us today?"
"Expelliarmus right?"
"Yeah that's the one, we'll I have been practicing....a lot and I just...I can't get it" Neville says nervous. Olivia turns around and puts a hand on her hip unlike when professor mcgonagall does this it looks like she getting impatient and wants you to hurry up and get to the point but when Olivia does it she looks like she cares and wants Neville to tell her more, her face full of understanding.
"Yeah,go on" she says softly
"I was wondering if you could help me?"
"Absolutely Neville!" She pauses thinking
"I think I'm free tomorrow night at 6? Would that work with you?"
"Y-yes that would be perfect" says Neville the nervousness disappearing from his face to be replaced by a huge smile.
"Excellent well come by my classroom at 6 tomorrow and I'll teach you how to do it. And if we have time I could give you a little head start for next week?"
"Perfect professor, thank you so much! See you tomorrow" Neville says and almost skips away.
Olivia turns back to the large brown school owl and finishes tying the letter on its leg and the sends it on its way. And then made her way down to dinner.

———————