Chapter 23

I returned later to the terrified griffindoor common room. The second the portrait moved everyone's eyes shot up at the picture and they all let out a breath as they saw it was me.

"Sirius black it seams has escaped again, I need everyone back up to bed" I say and everyone slowly starts moving up the stairs.
A few students come up to me to ask questions.

"Did you check the astronomy tower?" Asks a firs year.
"Yes, the whole schools been thoroughly searched"

"Did he leave any traces?" Asks a second year girl.

"No, not even a foot print"

"So you can't be sure he was actually here" pipes up anther second year.

"Oh no, I know he was here. How else would Ron see him and sir codogan see him, besides a few portraits said they saw a man with black hair running down the hallways, they didn't see his face because it was dark"

"Really?" Says a scared looking first year.

"Yep" I say but quickly realise my mistake as the kids face goes white and he looks even more terrified.

"Ohh but, I'm sure he's not still here right?" I say slightly laughing
"He's long gone"
I say and walk back out of the portrait.

Everywhere everyone went the next day they saw signs of security. Professor flitwick could be seen teaching the front doors to recognise a large picture of Sirius black, filch was suddenly bustling up and down the corridors, boarding up every thing from cracks in the walls to mouse holes. Sir codogan had been sacked. His portrait had been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the fat lady had been restored.

Neville was in total disgrace. Professor mcgonagall was so furious with him she had banned him from all further hogsMeade visits, given him detention and forbidden anyone to give him the password. Poor Neville had to wait outside of the common room every night for someone to let him in. The worst one was one his grandmother had given him. Two days after blacks break in, she sent him a howler during breakfast.

A school owl swooped down beside him at breakfast, Neville quickly seized the envelope and holding it like a bomb, sprinted out of the great hall, the howler went off in the entrance hall- Nevilles grandmothers voice, shrieking about how he had brought shame on the whole family.

A couple days later I was in my office when professor snape's head appeared in my fire he spoke quickly and angrily.

"Lupin and Olivia! I want a word!" He said and emerald green flames filled my fireplace. I stood up and walked into them.

I took a step forward appearing in snaps office a second later lupin comes clambering out of the fire behind me.

"Yes?" I said looking around. I then notice Harry siting in a chair looking nervous.

"You called?" Said lupin

"I certainly did!" Said snape his face contorted in fury as he strode back to his desk.
"I have just asked potter to empty his pockets. He was carrying this" snape said pointing to an old piece of parchment. I recognised it immediately, it was the marauders map.

"Well?" Said snape looking in between me and lupin. We both continued to stare at the map doing some very quick thinking.

"Well?" Snape said again "this parchment is plainly full of dark magic. Isn't this your area of expertise Olivia? Where do you think potter got such a thing?"
I gave a little glance at Harry clearing telling him not to interrupt before I started talking.