039

Double update today! Make sure to vote and comment!

And before I knew it, it was October the 30th the day the two other schools are arriving.

The Hogwarts castle has ungone some
extra-thorough cleaning. Several grimy portraits had been scrubbed much to the displeasure of their subjects, who sat huddled in their frames muttering darkly and wincing as they felt their raw pink faces. The suits of armour were suddenly gleaming and moving without squeaking, and Argus filch, the caretaker, was behaving so ferociously to any student that forgot to wipe their shoes that he had a pair of terrified first year girls in hysterics before I stepped in, which resulted in him giving me a fifteen minute talk about the importance of keeping the castle clean and he was about to go into how hard it was to clean the portraits before he spotted a group of third years coming inside without cleaning their shoes and thats then I made my escape.

The great hall had also been decorated. Enormous silk banners hung from the walls, each of them representing a Hogwarts house - red with a gold lion for Griffindoor, blue with a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw, yellow with a black badger for Huffelpuff, and green with a silver serpent for Slytherin. Behind the teachers table, the largest banner bore the Hogwarts coat of arms: lion, eagle, badger and snake united around a larger 'H'

I entered the great hall on the morning of the 30th and I spotted Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George sitting down talking so I decided to walk up and say hello.

"Having a nosy git like you for a brother" said George looking at Ron

"George mind your language or I'll report you to your brother" I said hearing the end of their conversation

"No you won't" said George

"Your right I won't but, if professor mcgonagall heard me letting you away with saying that she'll probably give me another lecture" I said and Fred and George started sniggering

"Olivia? How are the champions chosen for the tournament?" Asked Fred

"Couldn't tell you even if I knew, they don't trust me, the ministry. They think I'll go around telling anyone that ask, like I'm not currently keeping some of the ministry's biggest secrets"

"like what?" Asked George casually

"Well they wouldn't be secrets if I told you would they? But I should be finding out how their chosen soon enough"

"You have a big part in this tournament don't you? so could you tell us what the tasks going to be?" Asked Ron

"Not allowed to tell you, but who ever is chosen as champion, I wish then luck, it'll be extremely hard" I answered

"I bet we could do it Harry, we've done dangerous stuff before" said Ron

"Not in-front if a panel of judges, you haven't" said Fred "mcgonagall said the champions get awarded points according to how well they've done the task"

"Who are the judges?" Asked Hermione

"Olivia!" I heard someone shout from the other side of the hall, I looked around to see Professor mcgonagall striding over to me.

"That's my cue, see you all later" I said winking at them before walking over to mcgonagall

"Are you ready?" She said the second I was in ear shot, I could tell she was nervous about today "do you have it all prepared?"

"Yes"

"Wonderful, well the plan is" she started gripping my arm and heading out of the great hall "the two other schools will come in and do their thing, then Dumbledore will welcome everyone and then they will all have food and then tell everyone to make their way outside the grounds, where you'll be and then you will do your thing. Now we've set up a ring of invisible ash around where everyone will be standing and you and your dragon can strike the ash and it will all go up in beautiful flames, does that sound alright"