Chapter 17

It's Christmas Eve! I throw my clothes on and run into Charlie's Dormitory and start banging on his door.

"Charlie!!! Wake up! It's Christmas Eve! Charlie! Get up!!"
I hear I groan come through the door.

"Charlie! Get up for your lazy ass!!! Come on it Christmas Eve!"
More shuffling comes through the door. And then it open, standing in. The door way is a very tired looking Charlie with his long hair very messy

"What time is it?" He asks in his morning voice.

"I don't know! But what I do know is it's Christmas Eve! Come on!"

"Fine, but only for you, give me twenty minutes and I'll be down in the great hall"

"You have ten" I say and walk down to the Great hall.

Ten minutes later Charlie walks through the staff door and sits down beside me.

"What are we doing today?" He asks

"Wrapping Christmas gifts, I presume you have a lot to wrap since now you don't have an excuse to not give presents to your brothers"

"I haven't even got anything for mum and dad"

"Well that's what we'll do, we will go down to hogsMead and buy gifts for your family"

"You know you don't have to" he says buttering a piece of toast

"It's fine, gives me something to do"

"Ok, but I'll need your help picking out stuff for mum, I never know what to get her"

"Ok" I say

We arrived in hogsMead and we're looking through stuff in dervish and banges.
Eventually Charlie with help from me picks out presents for everyone.
We get Mrs Weasley an apron and a nice dress, we buy Fred and George an assortment of things from zonkos joke shop, we get Ron a box full of different sweets from honeydukes, we get Ginny a box like Ron's full of different sweets from honeydukes, we buy Percy a new quill and copybook, we get bill a box like Ron's and ginny's and mr Weasley an old election machine muggles use called a microwave.

When we're happy we walk back up to the school and up to the owlery to post mr and Mrs Weasleys gift and bills.
At this stage it's two o'clock and we go back down to the great hall for lunch.

After lunch we go out to the forest to fly Artemis and Falkor.
When we get to the clearing I say.

"I think today you should fly Artemis"

"Me?"

"Yes you! You haven't flown him yet, and besides I miss flying falkor, and your less Likely to fall off trying to get on"
I say a cheeky grin on my face

"I haven't fallen off trying to get on Falkor"

"Have too! The second time, you tried to get up and fell of and you though I wasn't watching so you tried to play it off like you forgot something!"

"You saw that!"

"Your not as subtle as you think"

"Ok fine, as long as you never bring that up again"

"That's too good not to bring up!"

Charlie opens his mouth to protest, but I raise my eyebrows and his mouth closes again.

Charlie gets on Artemis and I get on Falkor.
Falkor looks happy to have me back.

———————

We stoped again on another hill and I was trying to convince Charlie to jump off the cliff and let Artemis catch him.

"There's no way I'm doing that!"