Chapter 24

As June approached, the days became cloudless and sultry. All the students wanted to do was flopping down on the grass with several points of iced pumpkin juice. But they couldn't.

The exams were nearly upon them and alll the students were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully their brains into concentrating.

Even though in subject there was no exam. Every time I walked down the corridors, several students would come running up to me and ask me questions about defence against the dark arts, and questions about what might come up.

I had made a promise to misses weasley and Charlie that I would try to get Fred and George to study, even if it's only for an hour or two.
This year Fred and George where sitting their
O.W.L.s.

Since all the school was busy with exams and they had no classes. I had a week off.
Well less of a week off more of a week devoted to quidditch.

On Friday ireland is playing a match that would decide whether we make it into the quarter finals or not.

I spent every free second I had out on the quidditch pitch. I charmed bludgers to fly at me and I practiced dodging them, other times I got quaffles to fly around the goal posts and I would fly forward and try to score, which wasn't very hard but I couldn't think of anything else to do since it was only me and I couldn't get a student to do it as they're all neck deep in exams.

On Thursday morning I was walking back up to the school for lunch, carrying my broom and a little truck with quaffles.

"Olivia!" I heard a familiar voice call out behind me as I was making my way up the marble steps.
I turned around and saw Cornelius fudge, the minister for magic standing at the bottom of the steps looking slightly sweaty.
Harry, Ron and Hermione were standing around him, obviously talking to him.

"Minister! What a lovely surprise to see you, what brings you to Hogwarts?" I said walking back down the steps.

"I'm here on an unpleasant mission, Olivia. The committee for the disposal of dangerous creatures required a witness for the execution of a mad hippogriff. As I needed to visit Hogwarts to check on the black situation, I was asked to step in"

"Ohh, buckbeacks not mad, he's quite
nice- does that mean the appeals already happened?"

"No, no, it's scheduled for this afternoon"

"Did you get my let-"

"Yes, yes I got it. But there's not really anything more that can be done" he said.

When Hagrid told me he lost the debate for buckbeack I sent a letter to the ministry of magic, basically saying how it's not right, buckbeacks a lovely hippogrif, and it was malfoy who angered him, and it wasn't his fault.

"I see your practicing?" He says and motions to my broom and box.

"Ohh, yes. Big match on Friday"

"I can't wait. I was at your last match, you see"

"You came, I though you only came for bigger matches?"

"Normally I do, but everyone in the office is talking about how amazing your playing, and I went to the quidditch committee and talked to them. They said sales for the Irish matches this year have been through the roof! Almost as big of a demand for tickets to see you as the quidditch finals. Anyways he gave me a ticket and I went, and you definitely live up to all the hype. You where amazing!"

"Thank you"

"And I will definitely be coming to the match on Friday"

"Yeah, the quidditch committee said that we have to change venues, do you know why?"