Chapter 30- Copper

'I looked into
her eyes and knew;
the fire that
warms can also
destroy.'

_______________________

Copper

Sadhvi's POV

"Sadhvi your phone is ringing" said Avrudh from the kitchen

"Who is it?" I asked arranging flowers near the feet of Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati.

"Papa ji!" he informed

I started with offering sweets and fruits when I replied,
"Answer it, I'll join you in a minute"

I kept the tray of fruits and sweets near their feet and ringed the bell closing my eyes and joining my hands together.

I prayed the god for a happy life for me and my husband. I asked them to bless us with a bond so strong that even god himself couldn't break us apart.

With a smile I pushed myself back from my previous position and walked inside the kitchen beaming.

Avrudh was keenly listening to whatever my father was saying when I opened the fridge taking out the fruit salad I and Grace aunty prepared early this morning.

I kept the glass bowl beside my husband where he was standing and looked at him with smiling face

"No papa ji, sure I will see about that. Sure." he said not meeting my eyes

I with a pinch of my eyebrows and looked at him confused

"She is right here, yes I will do that, you don't worry. Hmm, talk to her"
Avrudh handed me the phone and walked out of the kitchen

"Namaste Papa ji" I wished and witnessed my husbands' back leaving for bedroom.

"Sadhvi, when were you planning to tell me Bhati's son is troubling you?"

My eyes widened on their own,
"Who told you?"

"Rajveen called me just half an hour ago. I am very disappointed in you Sadhvi. I wasn't expecting this from you, I thought you are my daughter and if anything ever bothers you, your rush to me that instant"

I pursed my lips defeated, "I am sorry, I didn't wanted to trouble you. I thought I will handle the matter by talking to Bhati myself"

"He is not a safe man to begin with, Sadhvi. Rajveen is also not talking to him on her own, her husband is there for her doing the face to face chat"

"You didn't let Avrudh know about him either, he can help you in this matter you know that."

A tear escaped my eye, I was hiding this intentionally and now that the news was out I was guilty of hiding it. I was regretting for not telling. Like always.